Handheld GPS Units

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67, Quack Wacker NC

Handheld GPS Units

Postby RShockley » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:26 am

I'm looking at getting a GPS unit to help with scouting and getting back to my spots. Y'all have any good recommendations? Topi maps are a must.
RShockley
hunter

Re: Handheld GPS Units

Postby B.E.Nelli » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:54 am

NOT Magellan! I have had mine replaced and have had nothing but trouble. Worst customer service imaginable.
B.E.Nelli
hunter

Postby sigpi906 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:27 pm

I'm interested in this also.
I was told people wouldn't take me seriously without a signature.
sigpi906
hunter

Postby greenster » Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:58 pm

I've had several REALLY good..or Err Expensive GPS unit's. They worked no better than the cheap ones. I traded on here for a Garmin ETREX series.. and like it. Simple to use, To the point and inexpensive. For really inexpensive I have had a couple Bushnell ONIX Gps unit's. It works but is hard to figure out. $75 all day long.
"Thomas Jefferson said I had a God-given right to pursue happiness. What makes me happy is to take a mallard's head smooth off at about 20 feet.

Lanyard: KM Custom Cut (hand),KM Cut red label Black Monster #1,RNT Timber hog,DS mondo,6n1 whistle
greenster
Forum & State Moderator

Postby creole » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:28 pm

ive narrowed my search to either the garmin Oregon or Montana 650t,they pricey but it beats getting lost.i m getting this for public land deer hunting,so I can go on them far backs
creole
hunter

Postby Grouse » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:32 pm

I have had the same Magellan for 13 years now bought it on my first lake erie trip. Has been flawless has performed in Australia and Canada just great.
Nature teaches more than she preaches. There are no sermons in stones. It is easier to get a spark out of a stone than a moral.
Grouse
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum