Your favorite Blind Bag

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, Quack Wacker NC, Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67

Your favorite Blind Bag

Postby waterfowlhunter » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:05 am

I was looking for a new blind bag as my old makeshift bag is about done. I looked at the Drake version but do not like the clear plastic pockets and top that is very stiff and feels like it will break in icy conditions. just looking for a good Medium size blind bag with outside zippered pockets along with room inside for snacks, drinks, a box or 2 of ammo, extra gloves, light and whatever else might want to carry in with me.
"A free people ought to be armed" George Washington 1790

‘For those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.’ —Ben Franklin.”
waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Re: Your favorite Blind Bag

Postby cnc123 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:31 am

Cabelas makes a great bag. Three sizes. The medium is what me and my hunting partner both use. We are both on year five or six with ours and no issues. I actually use the largest one for traveling. It has plenty of room for waders and extra clothes, plus the hard shell bottom works out well in the truck bed.

I went through two Drake bags in one year. The main zipper broke on the first one. The second one had issues with the plastic pouches. I have a friend that has the Drake bag (three years old) and the plastic pouches look terrible. I'm not beating up Drake. I like some of their clothes, but was just not impressed with the bags.
cnc123
hunter

Location: Wisconsin - On Ol' Man River waiting for first ice.

Postby txhunter90 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:54 am

Rig em right new bag is awesome. I love it, especially if you have expensive sunglasses they have a hard case built in

Dakota Decoy Field Staff
txhunter90
hunter

Postby O.D.Lid » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:06 am

CABELAS ULTIMATE BLIND BAG :thumbsup: hard bottom had mine for 5 years now all-zippers- flaps-pockets still in the same working order as the day I bought it :thumbsup: Their smallest one is larger than most other company's standard.
Last edited by O.D.Lid on Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If the ocean was made of WHISKEY and I was a DUCK I'd swim to the bottom and get all F!@#% up!
O.D.Lid
hunter

Postby waterfowlhunter » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:52 am

I see they have medium, large and magnum. the medium or large looks pretty good for a carry in bag, I am leaning towards the medium. :thumbsup: they have fairly good reviews on them too.

‘For those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.’ —Ben Franklin.”
waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Postby MJWebb » Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:31 pm

I really like the pockets on my drake.
Come visit Everharts Outdoor store in Clinton Mo!
MJWebb
hunter

Postby mudpack » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:46 am

waterfowlhunter wrote: just looking for a good Medium size blind bag with outside zippered pockets along with room inside for snacks, drinks, a box or 2 of ammo, extra gloves, light and whatever else might want to carry in with me.

Then you better be looking for a LARGE bag. (every bag seems to be too small, eventually.)
I've been using a medium Final Approach bag for about 8 seasons now. It's holding up well and the zippers all still work.
Last edited by mudpack on Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
mudpack
hunter

Postby NHDuckHunter » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:05 am

I have two Drake bags, the biggest one, and then the small messenger style bag. I've that the smaller one for probably 8 years now. They are both awesome, no problems at all. The clear pockets are actually what sold me. They call it a map pocket, but I usually use it for regs, and sunrise tables. I like being able to check again one last time from the blind at sunrise.
NHDuckHunter
hunter

Postby TidalVA » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:07 pm

Like the others said, Cabelas' Ultimate Blind Bags are the best. I have the Large (middle size) as my main bag. On days when I need to travel light or don't have space in the blind, I use an avery guide bag or power hunter bag. This Large bag is big enough for everything. Holds up great.
TidalVA
hunter

Postby Idaho Savage » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:35 pm

FYI my Drake bag literally broke the first time I used it. The zippers tore right off and I wasn't forcing it, etc. I still use it but simply am limited to "snapping" it closed. Got it on Pro Form so I'm not complaining but I certainly would be had I paid full retail for it.
Idaho Savage
hunter

Postby AR Dave » Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:35 am

I'm getting one of these in a couple of weeks.

AR Dave
hunter

Postby deliriousII » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:55 am

waterfowlhunter wrote:I see they have medium, large and magnum. the medium or large looks pretty good for a carry in bag, I am leaning towards the medium. :thumbsup: they have fairly good reviews on them too.

I just went to cabelas over the weekend and looked at these three bags....IMO I'd go with the "large" unless you are traveling very light or are good at packing 10lbs of s*#t in a 5lb bag
quack addict
deliriousII
hunter

Postby Locked&Loaded » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:14 pm

Cabelas blind bag. I have the medium sized bag and it's on its 6th season and has held up very well.

My world of advice to you is stay the heck away from anything with the Drake name on it. From the Drake blind bags, waders and jackets I've owned I can say with a clear conscience that they all sucked and were terrible quality.
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike

Postby jdr » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:29 pm

Mcalister Field Accessory bag
jdr
hunter

Postby CarolinaCutta » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:57 am

Rig em Right shell shocker large can fit everything and some
CarolinaCutta
hunter

Postby Packfitter.com » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:27 am

I love the Tenzing WF 13 Bag. It is a little pricy but well worth the price. We did a review of it here- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2PBCTQGVhc.
Packfitter
It's all about the Gear
http://www.packfitter.com
Packfitter.com
DHC Sponsor

Postby waterfowlhunter » Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:26 pm

Packfitter.com wrote:I love the Tenzing WF 13 Bag. It is a little pricy but well worth the price. We did a review of it here- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2PBCTQGVhc.

Thanks for the info but when they lower the price to something reasonable I will look at them, Not interested in paying $150 + for a blind bag when I picked one up at the local Cabelas for $59.

Thanks for all the responses, I looked at a lot of the ones mentioned and did settled on the Cabalas version. Very well made and sturdy with the pockets I need and I might go back and get the large version too. it is $79 but I was told that after season they will clearance them. :thumbsup:

waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Gabagool » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:34 pm

My buddy has the Cabelas bag and its pretty sweet. I got one from Gander Mtn on sale and it has been awesome. We hunt in the salt and they take a beating. These two bags have lasted longer than any others.
Gabagool
hunter

Postby 2500hdon37s » Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:22 pm

surprisingly the only thing I have that is RedHead (shotty bass pro house brand) is my blind bag. I like that it doesnt have a maze of zippers and buckles just to get inside of it. simple flap and zipper, with an open interior and outter pocket. perfect size without being too big, while still big enough to haul all I need in it and its held up great for 3 season so far.
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Return to Hunting Gear Forum