Cabelas brush buster jacket question

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67

Cabelas brush buster jacket question

Postby tazman7 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:40 am

I am looking at getting a 4-1 jacket for waterfowl hunting. I am undecided if I should get the wader length or the parka length? I generally wear my coat under my waders so I was just seeing people's thoughts. Thanks
Beretta A400 Xtreme Unico 28" Max4
tazman7
hunter

Re: Cabelas brush buster jacket question

Postby dirtyj » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:16 am

4in 1 is prolly a little too bulky to wear under waders- especially neoprene. If you hunt in the rain at all you would want your coat outside the waders anyway so the water doesn't run down your pants.

Anyway, I've had both and unless you hunt in knee deep water all the time, I'd go with the wader jacket for the simple fact of the pockets being higher i.e. less chance of soaking things you forgot were in there. The coat is very warm and dry.
dirtyj
hunter

Postby KillerKowalski » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:55 am

tazman7 wrote:I am looking at getting a 4-1 jacket for waterfowl hunting. I am undecided if I should get the wader length or the parka length? I generally wear my coat under my waders so I was just seeing people's thoughts. Thanks

Wader jacket. Parka will be too much bulk.
Last edited by KillerKowalski on Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby xtrema2 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:28 pm

I have the wader jacket and I love it. I've had it for 6 or 7 years now and I wear some part of it for at least 6 months of the year and it's held up extremely well, although its wearing thin in places now and its not as waterproof as it was before. The only thing I'm not crazy about with the jacket is that the liner has an elastic at the waist that rises up sometimes but you get used to it.
xtrema2
hunter

Postby 2500hdon37s » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:05 pm

wader jacket. I run mine under my waders too. only way to do it unless its raining then I separate the liner and shell. Shell outside of waders and liner tucked in my waders to keep me warm.

I often have to wade distribution channels that are up to the pocket at the top of my waders so having a jacket on the outside is not the best idea if you want to stay warm.
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum