WARNING! Drake Double Banded Blind Bag Doesn't Float!

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67, Quack Wacker NC

WARNING! Drake Double Banded Blind Bag Doesn't Float!

Postby MIDTENNHTR » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:31 am

Even though it says on several Ebay listings and on MidwayUSA.com that it does float. I spoke to Clay in
Drake's customer service department yesterday and he said that the swampsole that they put around the bottom
to help protect the bottom makes it too heavy and it will sink if loaded with gear. I bought it hoping it would because
i like the bag but really needed something that would float so I took it back and had to go to Academy to get the
regular floating blind bag. It says in the description that it has five panels of closed cell floatation foam but he said
that they probably need to change the wording on it because really all that does is help make the inside walls stand up.
Hope this saves someone the headache that I just had to go through in taking it back to Bass Pro and going to another store to get what I needed. Other than that the bag looked really nice with a light attached inside the pocket for use in the dark and a detachable, spring loaded shell pocket to take outside the bag.
MIDTENNHTR
hunter

Re: WARNING! Drake Double Banded Blind Bag Doesn't Float!

Postby dsm16428 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:31 pm

You put enough crap in any blind bag and it'll sink like a rock.
Big Al's "Take-Em" Style Silhoutte Decoy Pro-Staff.
N.O. Outdoors Guide Service, President and CEO. "You try harder so we don't have to."
Don't do anything you wouldn't want to admit to the paramedics after.
dsm16428
hunter

Postby btw574 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:30 pm

I stopped using blind bags years ago and went with the following. I got tired of things getting wet or crushed if someone stacked something heavy on it. You can sit on it, stand on it and I put 6 boxes of shells in it and closed it up and threw it into the river and it floated. Will never go back to a bag
http://www.mtmcase-gard.com/products/ca ... spud6.html
btw574
hunter

Postby MIDTENNHTR » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:28 am

Those dry boxes look pretty nice. I may have to pick one of those up for the blind. Can't ever be too prepared :beer:
MIDTENNHTR
hunter

Postby Locked&Loaded » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:04 pm

btw574 wrote:I stopped using blind bags years ago and went with the following. I got tired of things getting wet or crushed if someone stacked something heavy on it. You can sit on it, stand on it and I put 6 boxes of shells in it and closed it up and threw it into the river and it floated. Will never go back to a bag
http://www.mtmcase-gard.com/products/ca ... spud6.html

Those boxes look pretty slick. Am I blind or do they not list a price?
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike

Postby btw574 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:56 pm

I bought mine from Cabelas with a gift card and Cabelas points

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Camo-Mar ... l+Products
btw574
hunter

Postby kbooger » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:19 pm

the cabela's bucket w/ swivel seat makes a good waterproof container and doubles as a chair. Also holds a ton of stuff.

Just an idea.
kbooger
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum