Hearing protection . Electronic plugs

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, Quack Wacker NC, Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67

Hearing protection . Electronic plugs

Postby BDK » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:57 pm

Im curious does anyone have any experience with , sport ear, ear pro, or whatever other model electronic ear plugs . I try to always wear ear plugs but I hate it cause I cant hear my surroundings or how im calling real well . And would love to buy some they are pricy but I know they would be worth it . So give me feedback if so please

BDK
BDK
hunter

Re: Hearing protection . Electronic plugs

Postby garlicsalt » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:45 am

dang no one is using any power plugs? i to would like to no what up?
garlicsalt
hunter

Postby B.E.Nelli » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:31 am

I have a pair of etymotic electronic plugs. I freaking love them. They were pricey, but after my last hearing test, I knew I needed to do something. I too cant stand calling with ear plugs in, it sounds like you're in a cave. These things work great, like I'm not wearing anything. They also have a switch to 5x amplify sounds. You can hear geese honk miles away. The only problem with them is you lose a little bot of direction with the sound, but its good enough to get you looking in the right direction. They usr regular hearing aid batteries, and they last for a couple weeks on a set.
B.E.Nelli
hunter

Postby BDK » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:00 pm

I talked to the people at sport ear they were very helpful and super nice , ill probably go that route I like that they sit inside your ear not really with sticking out much. They are pricy 1000 1300 for the two im looking at and im by far not rich lol so im debaiting . I know I do not want to have the ring or not hear well from not using them

BDK
BDK
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum