Portable blinds

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67, Quack Wacker NC

Portable blinds

Postby Peake » Sun Jan 23, 2005 4:59 pm

This was my first season and I've been hunting a free roam area with no blinds and not much cover. I'm thinking of buying a portable pop up blind for next year so I don't have to resort to my awkward homemade blind (four pvc poles and 12' of camo material). Anybody have any experience with any of the the pop-up box blinds or the hayhouse blind? Thanks.
Peake
hunter

Postby gilmore1011 » Sun Jan 23, 2005 9:32 pm

I have hunted in the haybale blind in a field of round haybales and it was like standing out in the open. Only experience I have had with them has been bad. Just my 2 cents.
gilmore1011
hunter

Postby Cupped-n-Committed » Mon Jan 24, 2005 6:16 am

We have used advantage camo for laying in the corn fields and just put some corn stalks or grass if in a hay field over you and lay flat with your head proped up. I thought about a layout blind but they are so expensive and just one more thing to carry or drag and they sit up so high. I am only 8" high or so when in the field, except for my head and am the same height as the corn stubble. Just don't move! Some of those layout blinds are almost 18" high where your head is. I move mt eyes only and try and keep most of my face under a mask and under the hat brim. I look one way and my buddy looks the other. Works fine for us
Cupped-n-Committed
Forum & State Moderator

Postby royst » Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:26 pm

What type of terrain are you hunting? I hunt the marsh and use acouple of pieces of fast grass with some 3/4" sticks. It's quick ,lite, and real good camo, it matches the marsh grass great and it keeps me the same level as the grass. I'm not sticking up like a tree.
royst
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum