Wader crotch leak

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, HENDU3270, donell67, Quack Wacker NC, Smackaduck

Wader crotch leak

Postby MSparks909 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:26 am

Have noticed that my waders seem to be leaking in the crotch area where the seam is on the past several hunts. It's quite pleasant having cold water run down the inside of your thigh at 5AM...the waders are 2 year old LaCrosse (forgot the model). Other than the leaky seam they are in excellent condition. What's the best way to seal a leaky seam? Shoe Goo? Aqua Seal? SG-20 Wader repair? It's gonna be warm in NC for the next week or so so I'll have some time to repair them. While something quick setting isn't required I won't complain.
MSparks909
hunter

Re: Wader crotch leak

Postby JuniorPre 360 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:31 am

Aqua Seal and things that are made for wader repair will be your best bet. If you really want something thick, 3m 5200. I've patched holes on my boots and in my boat with this stuff. A little overkill for waders though in my opinion.
A BAD DAY AT THE MARSH BEATS A GOOD DAY AT WORK.
killwoodies101 wrote:your a dudshe bag! You dont own the river your dont own any property around it.. Its just as mush mine and any other tom **** and harry's as it is yours !! get a life share what is yours or stop hunting
JuniorPre 360
hunter

Postby Ducks&Bucks07 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:13 am

Wow! Same exact thing. My 2 yr old Lacrosse waders just started leaking the the crotch as well. A hefty amount of aqua seal seemed to do the trick. Hope it lasts. I think the stitching on them comes unraveled when I lift my leg to get in and out of the boat etc....
Ducks&Bucks07
hunter

Postby gtlegs » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:36 pm

The SG20 works good where I've used it, just make sure and clean them well and dry them well before using it.
gtlegs
hunter

Postby MSparks909 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:52 pm

Ducks&Bucks07 wrote:Wow! Same exact thing. My 2 yr old Lacrosse waders just started leaking the the crotch as well. A hefty amount of aqua seal seemed to do the trick. Hope it lasts. I think the stitching on them comes unraveled when I lift my leg to get in and out of the boat etc....

I think that's what happens with mine too. I've noticed that if I stand still in waist deep water, they won't leak, but as soon as I move my legs and stretch the seam they will. I'm gonna be ordering some AquaSeal soon with a new case of shells.
MSparks909
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum