Hand Held Spotlights

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67, Quack Wacker NC

Re: Hand Held Spotlights

Postby Dehunter » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:26 am

Stanley mades a small LED cord less spot light, works greats lasts pretty long.
comes with ac and dc charger

Great for boat and tracking deer
Targets-tequila- trailers-Ahh the skeet life!
Dehunter
hunter

Postby drake45 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:17 pm

I have been using one of these for two season and I really like it:

http://www.amazon.com/Streamlight-44900-Waypoint-Spotlight-Yellow/dp/B003GXFBH0

I use it as my main most of the time but it also makes a great back up. I also use a cabelas brand 2.5mil which is insanely bright. The batter is not great, but its good for the morning runs.
drake45
hunter

Postby 10gaOkie » Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:21 pm

[quote="Garand"][quote="10gaOkie"]In all of the years I have duck hunted, I can say I went through a boat load of spotlights and found none that I was really happy with including the ones that run on a 12v car battery. They all had their problems. Not long ago, I placed a link on DHC just like you did and someone suggested I try a particular model light. I picked one up and have never been so happy with a spotlight. It is made by either Stanley or Black & Decker. I found out in the process that they are the same company. The stanley version is yellow and the B&D is red. I got the red one a Walmart for $49. and it is a rechargeable. I have used it so far on about a dozen hunts and have yet to have to charge it. The light is LEDLIB Lithium ion LED Spotlight. You can find it on Amazon too. PM me if you have trouble finding it. It might seem pricey but worth every penny! As everything else on the market seems to be junk.

Chris[/quote]

I linked that other thread earlier in this one, but since pictures say 1000 words I'll link the image again too :biggrin:

[img]http://www.modsynergy.com/Modsynergy%20files/Stanley%20FatMax%20LEDLIS%20LED%20Spotlight/images/gallery.jpg[/img]

Gerard,
I like this light so much, I think I am going to buy another one to have a spare. There is no other light quite like it.

Chris

/thread[/quote]
10gaOkie
hunter

Postby flightdoc84 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:59 am

I also like the stream light spot light as we'll. I have put batteries in it once and have hunted 3 seasons with it. I don't run mine too particularly long but about 30 minutes every ride out to the river.
Charles Galloway
Only number that matters is lives saved
DUSTOFF!!
flightdoc84
hunter

Postby FinnLandR » Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:23 am

DO NOT buy the Gander Mountain brand spotlight! Pure junk. The beam would cut out after a couple minutes of continuous use, and the replacement they gave me only recharged twice before failing to hold a charge. I went and got my money back. :mad:
FinnLandR
hunter

Previous

Return to Hunting Gear Forum