Shemagh

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, Quack Wacker NC, Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67

Shemagh

Postby nscochrane1009 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:33 am

Anyone use a shemagh for your duck hunts. My buddy just brought me back a green and black one from the sandbox, and I am interested to see if anyone else uses one for hunting.
nscochrane1009
hunter

Re: Shemagh

Postby greenster » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:37 pm

No, But I have never duck hunted in a desert.
"Thomas Jefferson said I had a God-given right to pursue happiness. What makes me happy is to take a mallard's head smooth off at about 20 feet.

Lanyard: KM Custom Cut, KM Cut Black Monster, LC cut BSOD, RNT Timber hog, 6n1 whistle
greenster
Forum & State Moderator

Postby berudd » Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:49 pm

greenster wrote:No, But I have never duck hunted in a desert.

Oh so it get's just a little difficult and you give up? ;)
berudd
hunter

Postby RShockley » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:31 am

It might get a bit cold with one. They are made to be breathable and cool in the desert heat. Other then that I don't see why it wouldn't work. Never seen anyone use one for duck hunting though. I think I've seen someone use one for deer hunting during the warm part of bow season here in Texas though.
RShockley
hunter

Postby airborneduckhunter » Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:38 pm

I have used one several times when I have left my other face masks at home or in the truck on accident. Works great and it will keep your neck and head surprisingly warm especially if you are walking with it on.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."-George Orwell
airborneduckhunter
hunter

Postby whiskyjack » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:46 pm

I use one here in SE Alberta. I have the tan/black version, fits in great with the semi arid prairie I hunt. Our season starts in early Sept, things are still fairly warm if not downright hot through Sept. Great piece of kit!
whiskyjack
hunter

Postby mudpack » Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:18 pm

airborneduckhunter wrote: it will keep your neck and head surprisingly warm especially if you are walking with it on.

When I'm walking, even in below freezing temps, I have to take stuff OFF my head to stay cool.....
mudpack
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum