Rogers Toughman Waders

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, HENDU3270, donell67, Quack Wacker NC, Smackaduck

Rogers Toughman Waders

Postby voicebugler » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:11 am

I'm able to find information on these waders, but mostly from new purchases. Has anyone been using these for any length of time to report on how they're holding up? Are the seams taped?

I've researched a ton on which waders to buy, so please don't turn this into a thread trying to sell me on other brands. If these aren't holding up, I've already got 2nd and 3rd option considerations. Thanks!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
voicebugler
Newb

Re: Rogers Toughman Waders

Postby B.E.Nelli » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:13 am

they've only been out a year. So no one has used them longer than that. My buddy has a pair that held up at least last year. I dont like the fit, very baggy up top and low riding. He couldn't wade nearly as deep as my waders.
B.E.Nelli
hunter

Postby BBK » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:32 am

I've had mine since the start of this season.

Had a thread come loose in the crotch, tied it off.. no leaks.

The seams are taped on the inside, however my tape is all peeling right off. I'll have to glue it back on when I get a chance.. still no leaks.

The pocket in front has a HUGE drain hole and I have found it too big to hold anything. Shotgun shells go right through, carabiner clips go right through, other misc things go right through the hole.

The shell holders are way too low for me. When I walk the fabric moves and pushes the shells right out. Opening day I lost 3 in the water before I realized what was happening. If you are standing still it will work fine, but not if you are moving.

Other than that I've found them to be great waders. I'm using them every day and they are very warm. I'm pretty short at 5'10 so they fit me very well, not sure how they would fit a tall thin guy. I bought the 1600g fleece lined ones.
Why do I shoot 3.5" for geese? Because they don't make a 4" yet!
BBK
hunter

Postby voicebugler » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:56 am

Thanks for the feedback. I'm going to give them a try. I love the expandables, but not many are making them. I had some lacrosse that lasted 6 seasons, then replaced them with Itascas. Those have made me a fantastic Aquaseal customer. I've considered going back to the Lacrosses, but by the reviews, they don't seem to be what they used to be. When I bought my itascas, I tried the cabelas super mags with 1600 grams and the boot tops were just too snug on my calves and the legs were too short, putting an uncomfortable amount off pressure on my knee caps when sitting.

I like that people talk about roomy chest and thigh areas on the Rogers.

One more weekend with the leakers, with the new ones arriving on Monday.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
voicebugler
Newb

Return to Hunting Gear Forum