need boot recomendation

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67

need boot recomendation

Postby Huntfish12 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:30 am

Alright so I need a new pair of knee boots. I'vs always gone with the lacrosse alpha burly's insulated and non insulated for years. But, in the last 4 years, ive gone through 5 pairs of them. Its time to look for a different brand. I dont want straight rubber. I like the neoprene like the lacrosse is. Any help?
Theres always someone out there thats better then you. I'm that guy.
Huntfish12
hunter

Re: need boot recomendation

Postby 2500hdon37s » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:52 am

Muck boots!

I have muck boot wetlands model and got them to wear while field hunting and deer hunting. Turns out I stated using them when the weather is cold, wet, and nasty at work. I wear them all the time and they are light weight and comfortable! I work on a cattle farm and have worn them on it for 3 years now... they havent failed me yet.
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
hunter

Postby 23yearsago » Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:17 pm

Was the same way with Alpha Burley rubber boots, liked them until I had a pair that cracked and leaked across the front shaft of the boot from being wrinkled every time I put them on.
I phoned LaCrosse customer service and sent them back for evaluation. Was given a full credit towards another pair but decided to up-grade to the side zip model Alpha-Lite 7mm neoprene, NICE BOOT ! no more wrinkling putting them on and plenty warm and comfortable. Only issue I had was in ordering,, size wise....they run a size smaller, usually wear 11, needed a 12.

Lots of fellows like the Muck boots and I can't say anything against them 'cause I've never tried them. I like to tuck in when the pants allow and don't know if that's possible with the Muck brand top elastic.
23yearsago
hunter

Postby Jcochran88 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:34 pm

2500hdon37s wrote:Muck boots!

I have muck boot wetlands model and got them to wear while field hunting and deer hunting. Turns out I stated using them when the weather is cold, wet, and nasty at work. I wear them all the time and they are light weight and comfortable! I work on a cattle farm and have worn them on it for 3 years now... they havent failed me yet.

X2
Jcochran88
hunter

Postby 2500hdon37s » Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:01 pm

23yearsago wrote:Was the same way with Alpha Burley rubber boots, liked them until I had a pair that cracked and leaked across the front shaft of the boot from being wrinkled every time I put them on.
I phoned LaCrosse customer service and sent them back for evaluation. Was given a full credit towards another pair but decided to up-grade to the side zip model Alpha-Lite 7mm neoprene, NICE BOOT ! no more wrinkling putting them on and plenty warm and comfortable. Only issue I had was in ordering,, size wise....they run a size smaller, usually wear 11, needed a 12.

Lots of fellows like the Muck boots and I can't say anything against them 'cause I've never tried them. I like to tuck in when the pants allow and don't know if that's possible with the Muck brand top elastic.

yes, its possible to tuck pants into Muck boots. thats the only way I wear mine.
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
hunter

Postby dsm16428 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:14 pm

Another vote for Mucks! I have had the Woody Max's and the Arctic Pro's for going on 5 years and love them both.
Big Al's "Take-Em" Style Silhoutte Decoy Pro-Staff.
N.O. Outdoors Guide Service, President and CEO. "You try harder so we don't have to."
Don't do anything you wouldn't want to admit to the paramedics after.
dsm16428
hunter

Postby Slack Tide » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:47 pm

I can't kill my Mucks...oddly enough, they are comfortable in the summer muck with socks and amazing in the winter.. they are light, don't smell, great tread, I think a very reasonable price and I've had mine for at LEAST 6 years and I love them. No way I'd buy anything else
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby Huntfish12 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:02 pm

I needed something with alota of insulation. I forgot to mention that the boots i tore up were my 1000g model. I have girly feet when it comes to getting cold. I ended up getting a pair from ****'s. There 1000g field line model. I didnt really want to but they had mucks, Under Armor, and Rocky and none of them had much insulation. Besides, I was able to dig up a bunch of gift cards and money off coupons so i only ended up comming outta pocket 50 bucks. i needed them in a pinch, otherwise i would have went with the muck boots. Time will tell. Thanks for the help fellas.
Theres always someone out there thats better then you. I'm that guy.
Huntfish12
hunter

Postby hahnm01@yahoo.com » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:26 am

mucks. even the cheaper models like wetlands are great and very warm from my experience
hahnm01@yahoo.com
hunter

Postby 940AC » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:44 pm

Bought a pair of Wetlands Muck boots about a month ago.
Very pleased so far.
940AC
hunter

Postby Kidney » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:20 pm

My Irish Setter rubber boots have been great. I personally like any boot that has a neoprene upper. Makes it so much easier to tuck my bibs into my boots.
Kidney
hunter

Postby WMTribe_Kicker » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:32 pm

MUCK MUCK MUCK MUCK :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I feel like I'm walking on clouds in mine
Marsh Mutt Pro Staff
Low Tide Waterfowlers
WMTribe_Kicker
hunter

Postby YJSONLY » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:35 pm

Muck.
YJSONLY
hunter

Postby Drakenstien » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:01 pm

Lacrosse on a budget and mucks if you want the best. Look at the roll up hip wader ones too. I saw them the other day and they looked very useful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Drakenstien
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum