Wader sizing...plz help

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, HENDU3270, donell67, Quack Wacker NC, Smackaduck

Wader sizing...plz help

Postby SCduckhunting » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:50 pm

Hey I'm new to duck hunting and I'm looking for some waders.... Can y'all maybe link me to some or tell me what size I will need?? I'm a 44 waist and I wear a size 15 boot! I saw some nice ones on cabelas I just don't know what size to get.....thanks for the help
SCduckhunting
Newb

Re: Wader sizing...plz help

Postby berudd » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:54 pm

SCduckhunting wrote:Hey I'm new to duck hunting and I'm looking for some waders.... Can y'all maybe link me to some or tell me what size I will need?? I'm a 44 waist and I wear a size 15 boot! I saw some nice ones on cabelas I just don't know what size to get.....thanks for the help

Best bet it to go try some on. You'll definitely need stout sized waders and you might have to look to find any in size 15.
berudd
hunter

Postby 2500hdon37s » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:02 pm

go and try some on. thats your best bet. My girl friend got lucky, she ordered mine base off the measurement charts that Cabela's has and the fit is dead on for me!
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Postby Honk-n-quack » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:19 pm

If you order from cabelas a size 13 boot SHOULD fit. They seem to run very large
Honk-n-quack
hunter

Postby mizzouducker » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:32 pm

I am a big guy as well 6'4 275lbs with a size 13 boot. I have had LaCrosse, bass pro and Cabelas waders and liked them, but in just got the Rogers Big Man Waders and will buy these as long as hey make them! Like I said all three of the other waders worked great and were durable but these Rogers waders are by far the best I have had. LOTS of room in them and man are they warm. Hope this helps, they are also about $50 cheaper than the others.
mizzouducker
hunter

Postby deduckin » Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:08 pm

I am a 42 waist and a size 12 boot... I have the Cabelas Supermags in 15 stout, got the dirt cheap in the bargain cave.... fit wise, they would probably work for you, even with a layer or two underneath... the boot size run about true. the 15's are a little big for me, but I wear a thick pair of socks, no problems here..... a 15 stout from cabelas would fit you nicely.
deduckin
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum