cabelas waders

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67, Quack Wacker NC

cabelas waders

Postby drakemed323 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:18 am

I am in the market for new waders. been wearing cabelas brush busters for 7 years now. I am looking at cabelas supermags or the armor flex 5mm neo. to me they all look the same . Does anyone know what the difference is between them. They have the armor flex on sale for $159
drakemed323
hunter

Re: cabelas waders

Postby Yuchi1 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:34 am

Are your Brush Busters the "old style" cordura model?

The neoprene waders will be warmer and more flexible but at the expense of durability, when compared to the cordura material.
Sent from my Sumerian tablets

Does the number of bands claimed simply mean you have an Ebay account?

FSH Pro Staffer

High Potentate, NSSB (no spinning shotcup brotherhood)
Yuchi1
hunter

Postby drakemed323 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:20 am

Yes they are cordura. I am looking for something late season for warmth. I plan to keep them for my swamp hunting. The brush busters have more shoe goo and aqua seal on the seams than they have insulation. They are still leaking in a few areas. I also seen the new northern flight from cabelas. Just trying to decide what I want
drakemed323
hunter

Postby Bill Herian » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:25 am

The 3.5 amor flex are more than warm enough for me.
Bill Herian
hunter

Postby 2500hdon37s » Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:26 pm

have you read the description of either of the waders????
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Postby Rick Hall » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:21 pm

Armorflex works.
If you think I'm wrong, you might be right.
Rick Hall
hunter

Postby bttrym8 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:41 pm

Anything of the waders are fantastic. I own two pairs of the supermag. Only reason I have two is for backup if one rips while I send it back to have it replaced.

Have a replacement on the way right now actually bc I left them wet in the truck after a hunt (my 9th day straight.... I was exhausted) and they froze over. The next day when I went to put them on a small hole cracked in the boot bc they were iced. We also hunted on marsh seats that day... COLD FOOT.

Sent them to cabelas and they replaced no questions asked. Great product!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bttrym8
hunter

Postby drakemed323 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:22 pm

Thanks guys for the input. After further review of the armor flex and reading reviews it appeared that the armor flex runs tight and they do not have a stout size in that particular one. I'm 6'1 and weight 225 so I wouldn't have room to put any layers on if needed. I can't afford the supermags at this point so I settled on the new northern flight by cabelas with the 5mm armor flex and 1200 grams of thinsulate in a stout size. Usually our lows here in nc don't get below 15 degrees so the 1200 and maybe 2 pairs of socks I should be fine. I have always used cabelas brand waders since I started hunting 14 years ago. I love the durability of my brush buster cordura but after 7 years they leaked which I patched but just want some meow for lake hunting. Will still use my cordura for early season and swamps. Good luck to those that still have hunting to do we finished our second split today. So far in nc not much of a migration yet. My buddy and I have managed 23 woodies so far (5 hens rest drakes ) with his 11 year old killing a banded hen last week. First band I've seen in my waterfowl career.
drakemed323
hunter

Postby handyandy » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:10 am

If you want a new par of durable cordura waders look at USIA waders I have a pair and made a review thread on here.
Red neck engineering- If ya can't fix it with duck tape, bailing wire, zip ties, and JB weld well than it can't be fixed.

If it moves and it aint suppose to duck tape it. If doesn't move and its suppose to put WD-40 on it.
handyandy
hunter

Postby B.E.Nelli » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:45 am

How cold have you hunted in your usia waders Andy? And what do you layer up your feet and legs with.
B.E.Nelli
hunter

Postby handyandy » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:03 am

this weekend was the coldest with the low in the morning starting at 26 degrees F. I wored a pair of military thin poly pro long underwear, thick red head wool socks, and then some FA fleece wader pants. On top I had a long sleeve shirt then thin fleece pull over, then my drake quarter zip. Had a beanie on as well. I was fine and had to strip off the quarter zip as the day progressed. The water was quite cold with some ice in less exposed areas. When lows are in the teens which is about as low as it gets around here I may wear a light liner sock then some thick wool ones. And maybe a second pair of thin long under wear under the wader pants. Really what I was wearing should be good for most any days. I'll tell you that my army poly propelene stuff is one of my favorite things I have gotten from the Army. I wear it more hunting and on my own time than I do for military stuff.
Red neck engineering- If ya can't fix it with duck tape, bailing wire, zip ties, and JB weld well than it can't be fixed.

If it moves and it aint suppose to duck tape it. If doesn't move and its suppose to put WD-40 on it.
handyandy
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum