Under Armour Ayton Pants & Jacket

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67, Quack Wacker NC

Under Armour Ayton Pants & Jacket

Postby Droberts » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:27 pm

Does anyone use the Fleece lined Ayton pants and jacket? If so what are your thoughts on them? Pros and Cons to it if any?
Thanks in advance for any feedback.
Droberts
hunter

Re: Under Armour Ayton Pants & Jacket

Postby bttrym8 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:50 pm

I've got the Ayton bibs. If there is no wind, I can wear them by themselves in freezing weather. If there is wind then I just wear pair of under armour leggings too. Ridiculously comfortable. I opted for the 1/4 zip pullover instead of the Ayton jacket bc it was too bulky for me personally to wear while bow hunting. If I just rifle hunted, I would've gotten it in a heartbeat. But I have a good cold tolerance with my chest and legs so I can wear a standard cold gear leggings, cold gear sleeves, the bibs, and that pullover in weather down to 12 degree wing chill and I'm good.

My hands are a whole other story though. Pretty sure I could hold onto a flaming coal and still have cold hands....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bttrym8
hunter

Postby Droberts » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:45 pm

Thanks for the info bttrym8. Glad to hear that they are that warm by themselves. Which base layers do you guys recommend from under armour? Ive always used the walmart stuff but had to put a lot on with it to stay warm. I want to be able to wear the ayton clothing with one or two more layers but still not be bulky and be able to stay warm in the low 30's. I know i prolly just opened up a can of worms with that but hey its worth a shot.
Droberts
hunter

Postby bttrym8 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:21 pm

I recently got a set of the UA 4.0 leggings and wow, those things keep ya warm. Couldn't imagine the 4.0 top too. I just use a basic nike hyperwarm or UA cold gear for sleeves. I hate having any sort of bulk on my upper body for shouldering guns or drawing a bow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bttrym8
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum