ZIPPERED WADERS

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67, Quack Wacker NC

Re: ZIPPERED WADERS

Postby lostknife4 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:40 pm

10gaOkie wrote:My son bought a pair of zippered waders from Cabelas despite my advice. They lasted one whole season before leaking at the zipper. After that, he tends to listen to my advice and has not bought another pair with a zipper. If you dont want the rubber in the boot foot to hold up, give them a good treating with Armorall at seasons end. I have found that my blind heater really dries out my rubber boot feet in my waders. I keep them in good shape with the Armorall.

Chris

Chris I'm confused here, are you saying to make the boot rubber to last coat them with Armorall?
"It's not the game but the chase ~ not the trophy but the race !" from my Dad, many years ago.
lostknife4
hunter

Postby Legband#1 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:14 pm

lostknife4 wrote:
10gaOkie wrote:My son bought a pair of zippered waders from Cabelas despite my advice. They lasted one whole season before leaking at the zipper. After that, he tends to listen to my advice and has not bought another pair with a zipper. If you dont want the rubber in the boot foot to hold up, give them a good treating with Armorall at seasons end. I have found that my blind heater really dries out my rubber boot feet in my waders. I keep them in good shape with the Armorall.

Chris

Chris I'm confused here, are you saying to make the boot rubber to last coat them with Armorall?

I don't know what Chris is saying.
but I have found that a good rubber conditioner really stops the boots from drying out and cracking.
Also if you hang your waders to dry as soon as they dry remove them from the hanger this also helps stop the rubber from cracking.
It's doubled the life of my boots.
Joe Hendrex
Hughson Waterfowl
Marsh Mutt Pro-Staff
G&H Decoy Pro-Staff
Legband#1
hunter

Postby aunt betty » Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:27 pm

I.M.
Opinions are like ______s
Everyone has one and they all stink...except yours of course.
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
aunt betty
memberhip was not approved

Previous

Return to Hunting Gear Forum