New gear

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, HENDU3270, donell67, Quack Wacker NC, Smackaduck

New gear

Postby Durbin80 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:04 pm

Hello guys, and or gals I'm brand new to this site, and I'm gunna start out by saying I can't get enough of duck hunting in the Midwest...ok so I'm wanting to get some new gear.. My duck season is almost over but goose will be in for a while I'm wanting to know some opinions on a few things... First I'm wanting to buy a pair of waders I don't wanna spend a bunch. I found a pair or Rogers toughman fleece lined 5mm 1600grams for $150. Anyone use these.. Second kobuk waders they are a bit cheap but not prolly not as warm 600 grams.. Lastly the Rogers goosebusters layout blind for $99.... I have a final approach layout blind to finish out this season but it's not in the best shape... So here's the deal I have about $300 to spend.. Need some help
Durbin80
hunter

Re: New gear

Postby goosehappy » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:23 pm

I have both the Roger's goosebuster LP and the toughman waders. 1st season on the waders, no issues, keep me warm in icy water. They fit a little tight around the ankles, but that keeps your foot from pullin out of the boot when your in muck. It has a fleece lined handwarmer pocket, which really is nice (especially yesterday in the snow!) The blind is 2nd season, and I love it. For the money it does the job and it is light and easy to pack in. I'm kind of small, so I find it roomy, but they have a larger one too. I like Roger's gear and their prices.
trapped in the polar vortex
goosehappy
hunter

Postby Durbin80 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:51 pm

I'm small as well I'm kinda worried about the waders I'm only 5'7" and wear a 8.5 shoe.. Are the boots sizes a little big??
Durbin80
hunter

Postby goosehappy » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:24 pm

I thought the boot size was right on. I got 9's and they are comfortable with a wool sock.
trapped in the polar vortex
goosehappy
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum