who makes the warmest bibs?

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, HENDU3270, donell67, Quack Wacker NC, Smackaduck

who makes the warmest bibs?

Postby goosehappy » Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:53 pm

I'm looking to upgrade my bibs. I got some Field and Stream from Dicks, that are ok under waders in real cold weather, but I'm looking for the warmest I can get and afford for hunting out of my layout blind. Any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks
trapped in the polar vortex
goosehappy
hunter

Re: who makes the warmest bibs?

Postby Rhock19 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:30 pm

Get carhart work bibs if ur using them in the layout blind. 70 bucks at a local farm store around here. The warmest I have ever had
Rhock19
hunter

Postby War Wagon » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:47 pm

Columbia....Hands down the warmest and the best warranty in the business :clapping:
War Wagon
hunter

Postby deduckin » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:15 pm

Drake LST bibs are nice and toasty.... I usually wear a pair of thick fleece sweatpants underneath and do well in cold weather...
deduckin
hunter

Postby cluckmeister » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:40 pm

Goose, I quit wearing bids 5 years ago, I wear two sets of Cabela's MTP Polar Weight Crew Bottoms under a pair of camo pants and Cabela's MTP Polar Weight Crew tops under a polar tech button down shirt with a good Camo coat. I found this to be warmer and not near as heavy and bulky. I wore this While goose hunting last Friday morning in 6 degree weather with a 15 mile wind for 3 hours and never got cold.. Food for thought
If you're there for the limit, you're there for the wrong reason
cluckmeister
hunter

Postby 2500hdon37s » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:30 pm

get some Carhartt's. warm and tough. also double for work duty.

I'll be getting a pair for christmas I hope! I need some bad. With the weather down in the teens lately and working outside in just base layers and wrangers is getting a little chilly!
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Postby Kidney » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:16 pm

War Wagon wrote:Columbia....Hands down the warmest and the best warranty in the business :clapping:

I'll second these. I have their Omni-heat Max 4 bibs (forgot the actual name) and they have been great, plus they are very light weight.

Kind of wish I would have bought the matching jacket instead of the Cabela's 4-1.
Kidney
hunter

Postby MarlinMark » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:40 pm

cluckmeister wrote:Goose, I quit wearing bids 5 years ago, I wear two sets of Cabela's MTP Polar Weight Crew Bottoms under a pair of camo pants and Cabela's MTP Polar Weight Crew tops under a polar tech button down shirt with a good Camo coat. I found this to be warmer and not near as heavy and bulky. I wore this While goose hunting last Friday morning in 6 degree weather with a 15 mile wind for 3 hours and never got cold.. Food for thought

This is how you layer clothing for warmth. Good plan. And if all the pieces are the right size in relation, then your going to feel more comfortable moving. ie shooting and walking etc. The right 4 layers is always better than a great 2 layers.

Mark
MarlinMark
Newb

Postby cluckmeister » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:05 pm

Mark, I can where this type of clothing and walk twice as far and not be near as tired, those bibs used to wear me out they were so heavy. And as I said I stay lots warmer
If you're there for the limit, you're there for the wrong reason
cluckmeister
hunter

Postby don novicki » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:35 pm

Warwagon is right. Columbia, don't waste your money on anything else........ :thumbsup:
don novicki
hunter

Postby Locked&Loaded » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:39 pm

Another vote for Columbia.
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike

Postby goosehappy » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:28 am

Thanks for the feedback guys. Too bad the manufacturers don't put out much info on the insulation value of their clothing, so it is good to get experienced opinions.
trapped in the polar vortex
goosehappy
hunter

Postby 2500hdon37s » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:29 pm

goosehappy wrote:Thanks for the feedback guys. Too bad the manufacturers don't put out much info on the insulation value of their clothing, so it is good to get experienced opinions.

gotta read more in depth or get in touch with companies. I would look hard at the first two options below.

Natural gear stealth bibs- 150gm
Cabela's dry-plus II - 150gm
Under Armour skysweapers- 100gm
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Return to Hunting Gear Forum