rig 'em right layout

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, Quack Wacker NC, Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67

rig 'em right layout

Postby flyemlow » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:37 pm

Anyone out there having a completely maddening time trying to put together a rig 'em right low rider layout blind? :huh: I'm ready to go postal on somebody's butt right about now. Been on youtube and all over the interwebs an all you get is the "awesomely fast" set up in the field. How the hell did they get the frame to work in that bag?? :mad: Seems like it's way too big. Please help if you can or this thing is going back to the manufacturer.....oh wait....made in china. That may explain things
flyemlow
hunter

Re: rig 'em right layout

Postby 2500hdon37s » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:58 pm

not the first time I've herd of somebody not being able to get the frame in one.

can you build the frame inside of the material?

personally I think Rig 'em right has great ideas, but there are small design flaws that make me avoid their stuff.
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Postby flyemlow » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:33 pm

Tried that trick too. It's the right shape for everything but it's about 8-10 inches too long. Or the bag is too short. Either way this thing isn't made to go together. Don't know why it doesn't come assembled from the factory, it wouldn't take up any more room in the packaging they ship it in. Very frustrated with Rig 'Em Right also...they were supposed to have a person call and help out with what's going wrong. Haven't heard a peep from whoever that is. Gonna blow their phones up tomorrow all day til we get this figured out. Most likely it's going back.
flyemlow
hunter

Postby Smokum870 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:42 am

The only thing on mine that gives me trouble is frame that swings up and u wrap the Velcro around and then use the straps. If u lay it down so its towards ur feet and then pull it up it seems to fit a lot better. Then the doors take out any extra slack. It goes together quick for me. Only downside is no snow cover yet
Duck Count:
Geese-2
Blacks-6
Mallards-5
Teal-12
Woodies-2
Scaup-3
Ringnecks-6
Smokum870
hunter

Postby Rappy » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:53 pm

What ended up happening here? I have the exact same problem...the frame is either too long, by a lot, or the bag is too small...
Rappy
hunter

Postby freezeland » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:58 am

Rappy wrote:What ended up happening here? I have the exact same problem...the frame is either too long, by a lot, or the bag is too small...

The advice I got from Shane at rig em right was to push on the upper frame members in opposing directions. That worked for me. I sat down in it with the frame's bottom rails in position per the directions, and then with the back rest up with the levers in the released position and the gun rest up, push with your feet on one end of the frame with your back against the other and it will go in to place. Once its there continue pushing and flip the lock levers down to set in place. One or two times doing this and it will be much easier by hand the next.

Trust me, I was frustrated and ready to send back, but this worked slick as snot and I now have no complaints with my blind after doing this to intially set it up. It does pop up in seconds in the field as advertised, but it is a pain as your know to set it up the first time or two. Good luck....
freezeland
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum