Waders leaking HELP...

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67

Waders leaking HELP...

Postby Duck Hole » Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:42 pm

I have a pair of lacrosse waders that started leaking in the seams of the crotch. I tried to fix them with shoe goo because that's all I had on my hunting trip. Now they still leak and I have a mess of shoe goo on them. Are they a lost cause or could I put aqua seal on the inside of them or put it over the shoe goo? I've had them for a year and a week so they're out of warranty :mad:
Duck Hole
hunter

Re: Waders leaking HELP...

Postby Delesandwich » Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:51 pm

I use marine 540 on all of my seams and it works great

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Delesandwich
Newb

Postby - Andy - » Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:56 am

Best, easiest, fastest thing I have found.....

FLEX SEAL.

They sell a generic form of it (I think I got a two pack at BJs for like $9). I put two coats on my old Lacrosses that were about to completely give out (hunted them for 8 hard seasons) and it patched them right up. I use them as a back-up pair or if I am going someplace where I might tear my dry-plus waders up.

Doesn't look like much with those big black stripes, but they do get muddied up after a while.... and it beats the heck out of being cold and wet.
Tell your wife you love her, wrestle in the yard with your kids, shake your best friend's hand, let your dog sleep on the bed, and thank God for all the blessings in your life.
- Andy -
hunter

Postby Duck Hole » Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:21 pm

I got some aqua seal. I was thing about putting it on the inside and getting flex seal for the outside. It look like the water is going under the shoe goo or at least that where the soap was bubbling up around the shoe goo when I blew them up with the air hose.
Duck Hole
hunter

Postby NEAduck » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:13 pm

You might want to try taking them to your local dive shop if you're near a lake. They can usually patch them up for $30. Not sure what they use.
NEAduck
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum