Anyone use Avery Powerhunter blind?

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67, Quack Wacker NC

Anyone use Avery Powerhunter blind?

Postby goosehunter09 » Sat Feb 12, 2005 6:11 pm

Was woundering if anybody had used the avery powerhunter blind and if they liked it or not.
if it flies it dies
goosehunter09
hunter

Postby Fowl_habit » Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:02 am

Our group uses the Finishers (Fred Zink).... 8 of them
There are durable, lightweight, rain proof, and roomy and comfortable.
I have a heater mounted in mine. I put an old cushion from a lawn chair under the seat for added comfort and insulation.
They brush out real well.. the first one we bought were shadow grass pattern, but we've switched to buying the Max-4 pattern.. it hides better in whatever field type you are in.

One guy has a Final Approach.. nice blind to.. no complaints..

Remember, you get what you pay for!

Jerr
Fowl_habit
hunter

Postby what ever » Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:28 pm

I use a powerhunter I am a big boy and it is alittle snug but for the price you can't beat it.
what ever
hunter

Postby puddlerjumper » Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:57 pm

I was very disappointed by this blind, I could not see through the mesh. The week after I hunted out of it, I took it back to Bass Pro Shops and exchanged it for a finisher. On a scale of 1-10, I give this blind a 4. But that is my opinion, a lot of people like it. Find somewhere to where you can lay down in one and see what you think.
puddlerjumper
hunter

Postby Brett Beinke » Fri May 06, 2005 12:23 pm

The Power Hunter is probably the favorite blind of most of the Avery Pro-Staff because of its concealability and ease to call out of.
Brett Beinke
hunter

Postby ks_waterfowler » Fri May 06, 2005 2:55 pm

That blind is not worth the money. It took one hunt for me to realize that. It is now gone and I am saving money for a FInisher or an Xlander. I wouldn't waste my money on it if I had it to do over again.

Sat way to high, stubble straps are a little big, can't get in and out quickly, difficulty seeing out of the mesh, (big one) gun has to be outside the blind, didn't like the flip top lid at all, etc.

If you like a sleeping bag then go with the power hunter. This is just my hunting groups findings. Remember that you get what you pay for.
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Postby vikingsfan » Fri May 06, 2005 10:07 pm

:withstupid:
vikingsfan
hunter

Postby CALLEMQUACKTN » Sat May 07, 2005 6:28 pm

I have been thinking about getting a power hunter myself. I just don't know anybody that has one so I could try it out. Most of our fields that we hunt in the winter are wheat fields with a couple cut corn fields. I think it would blind in preety good.
CALLEMQUACKTN
hunter

Postby Drew Willemsen » Sun May 08, 2005 9:10 pm

the only time I would use a PH would be when I need to be even more low profile than in my Finisher, or when there is no cover what so ever, which is hardly ever...my .02
Supreme Waterfowl Action Team
"We Don't Flock Around!!"
www.TheSupremeWaterfowlActionTeam.com
Drew Willemsen
hunter

Postby darick silsby » Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:50 am

My brother bought a powerhunter last year and hunted out of it. Complained of not being able to see through mesh.He bought a finisher for this season. That must mean something.
aim small miss small,
Mel Gibson- The patriot
darick silsby
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum