Wader question and Call question

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, HENDU3270, donell67, Quack Wacker NC, Smackaduck

Wader question and Call question

Postby MarylandFowlSlayer » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:24 pm

Alright so I am new here but I have two questions for everyone.
First- I have an Echo Meat Hanger and I have been having it lock up pretty consistently after I blow it no matter what the weather is and I was wondering if there was anything I could do to help stop that from happening. I have not adjusted the reed at all. Any help is appreciated.
Second- I just purchased a set of Lacrosse Swamp Tough Pro waders in the regular size and they are too big for me. The size of the feet is perfect but I am about 5'8" and about 160lbs so the inseam is way too big and the rest of the waders end up at my armpits. I would try the stout size but I am afraid of the being too big in the chest region and I do not want that. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on a good wader for short and kinda smaller guys like myself. Looking for something that will be warm and fairly durable in around the $300-350 range.
Thanks Wade.
Rack Addicts Outdoors
MarylandFowlSlayer
hunter

Re: Wader question and Call question

Postby Trent_Rivers » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:29 pm

My Rnt would stick like that. I would maybe send it to Echo to get it tuned if they do that(I know rnt does). Not a wader expert but in order for people to help your shoe size is important.
If at first you don't succeed, shoot again.
Trent_Rivers
hunter

Postby 2500hdon37s » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:07 am

take your call question to the calling forum.

and I'd suggest Cabela's waders.
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Postby MarylandFowlSlayer » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:40 pm

Ah ok thanks for the guidance for the call
And my shoe size is a 9-9 1/2 if that helps.
Rack Addicts Outdoors
MarylandFowlSlayer
hunter

Postby 2500hdon37s » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:19 pm

Size 9 Cabela's waders should fit you perfect. I'm 5'9" and pretty skinny and I wear Cabela's size 9 Neo-strech 5mm waders and the fit is great on them!
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Postby snapshotmd » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:50 pm

I live in MD and I highly recommend the Cabela's Dry-plus breathable waders. I'm just finishing my 3rd season with them and I have not complaint one... Well, maybe one. The only thing I wish I had done was buy the regular version and NOT the First Flight. The FF will serve you well, but they lack a pouch to put stuff in in the front, and the insulation is not as thick.
I have the Echo Timber call and it locks up on me as well. It does not like to get wet. Of the 3 calls I have, I find myself resorting to the first call I ever bought, the DR-85. Can't ever remember it locking up on me and I figured out how to soft call with it. For $20 can't go wrong.
2014-15
3 Canada Geese
snapshotmd
hunter

Postby Nelliboy2 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:17 pm

I assume it is sticking after you blow it for a bit? Keep a dollar bill in you pocket, after you work a wad go ahead and run it under your reed.

If it cuts out on you through out your call routine (assuming your not squalling it) it is because the reed is to long. If you cut the reed, take as little as you can. You can always cut more but you can't replace it. A little goes a long way, the short you make the reed the higher pitch and easier it is to blow. Trim it a little and test it if that is what is happening to you.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
If money talks; then I got a lot to say i'm on the grind trying to make a hundred thousand dollars a day! We play with big cash and we blowin money fast. I need a G for every light bulb on the Vegas strip!!!
Nelliboy2
hunter

Postby countryboy306 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:46 pm

I have taken a rag with some rain x on it and wipe your reeds down with it as best you can. I have done this and it helps keep the reeds from sticking.
countryboy306
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum