ll bean

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, HENDU3270, donell67, Quack Wacker NC, Smackaduck

ll bean

Postby jjohnson_714 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:49 pm

Does anyone here use any ll bean gear? It seems to be reasonably priced and has an awesome return policy from what i've heard, but no one i know uses it so i was wondering about the durability.
jjohnson_714
State Moderator

Re: ll bean

Postby tgs » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:59 pm

Bean's will take back just about anything your conscious will allow. It's all good gear. Think most people just shop at Cabela's , Bass pro and such. Bean's is more old school clothing IMO, wool and the older camo patterns as well as the solid tans and olive color. Don't think you'll go wrong there if you have found something you like.
"Pass a Tradition Along"
tgs
hunter

Postby Slack Tide » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:02 pm

A lot of old school gear like was said....but if you can find a pair of waders that you can live with (weird colors and sizes)...you can't beat the "don't ask, don't tell" return policy.....
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby O.D.Lid » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:22 pm

wouldn't own anything from ll bean! :no:
Last edited by O.D.Lid on Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If the ocean was made of WHISKEY and I was a DUCK I'd swim to the bottom and get all F!@#% up!
O.D.Lid
hunter

Postby Slack Tide » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:53 pm

O.D.Lid wrote:wouldn't own anything from llbean! :no:

OK...this is fascinating....for God's sake, why not?
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby tornadochaser » Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:19 pm

I buy a lot of stuff from ll bean for the simple reason is they actually carry items in tall sizes. I love their hydrofowl fleece with the waterproof sleeves. When i guided pheasant hunts most of my upland gear was from bean as well.

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk 2
tornadochaser
hunter

Postby macdaddy » Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:44 pm

tornadochaser wrote:I buy a lot of stuff from ll bean for the simple reason is they actually carry items in tall sizes. I love their hydrofowl fleece with the waterproof sleeves. When i guided pheasant hunts most of my upland gear was from bean as well.

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk 2

Me too. And - note the time of my post. LL Bean ad is at the bottom of this thread. They're watching us!!! :lol3:
I'm the guy your Mother Goose warned you about.
macdaddy
hunter

Postby California Sprig » Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:18 pm

LL Bean has quality stuff at reasonable prices and a no hassle return policy. Everything I have got at Bean I have been satisfied with.
Hunting, fishing, Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Forty Creek Barrel Select Canadian Whisky - Life is sweet
California Sprig
hunter

Postby Windrider » Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:19 pm

I do a good bit of hunting in LL Beans tuff.

I've worn out a waxed canvas coat and if I'm hunting where I don't have to wear waders I'm usually wearing 16" bean boots with my pants tucked into them. Since I normally hunt puddlers in ponds these days and have a dog the bean boots have gone hunting on every hunt this year. I just hit the rubber/leather seam with stitch sealer and they have been great.
Windrider
hunter

Postby bkmaine » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:00 am

If I can get it at Bean's I will- for hunting, pants, button down shirts and ski gear, the return policy is incredible and I also like the tall sizes. They do carry modern camo patterns, I LOVE my hydrofowl fleece in MODB. Their return policy also applies to firearms, great place to buy shotguns. Also if you live near an outlet store you can get RIDICULOUS deals, last year i picked up a MODB ducking coat for $43 that retails at $249.
><>bk
bkmaine
hunter

Postby Legband#1 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:55 pm

O.D.Lid wrote:wouldn't own anything from llbean! :no:

These type of statements astound me.
Anybody that reads one like knows it can't be grounded in truth or fact .
LLBean Carries many of the same products that most of the other major retailers carry.
And has the most liberal return policy in the sporting good market today.

Why are guys so determined to run their mouths before they engage their brains.
Joe Hendrex
Hughson Waterfowl
Marsh Mutt Pro-Staff
G&H Decoy Pro-Staff
Legband#1
hunter

Postby Nelliboy2 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:45 am

I have there waterfowlers wool sweater with the wind liner in it....very nice piece of clothing. I will be adding a second one to my collection.

Ll bean has always been known to make quality long lasting gear. Worst case return it.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
If money talks; then I got a lot to say i'm on the grind trying to make a hundred thousand dollars a day! We play with big cash and we blowin money fast. I need a G for every light bulb on the Vegas strip!!!
Nelliboy2
hunter

Postby KillerKowalski » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:03 am

I have the Waterfowl Sweater with WINDSTOPPER. My third season and people ask where I got it. If it is not raining/snowing, that is my outer layer. And, the Windstopper works unbelievably well. I haven't dry cleaned it since the day I got it. Smells as wool should smell. Doesn't really get dirty. It's super warm. Great piece of equipment. LL Bean has 10% off everything right now and I saw some 15-20% off coupons floating around the Internet.
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby Slack Tide » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:05 am

KillerKowalski wrote:I have the Waterfowl Sweater with WINDSTOPPER. My third season and people ask where I got it. If it is not raining/snowing, that is my outer layer. And, the Windstopper works unbelievably well. I haven't dry cleaned it since the day I got it. Smells as wool should smell. Doesn't really get dirty. It's super warm. Great piece of equipment. LL Bean has 10% off everything right now and I saw some 15-20% off coupons floating around the Internet.

with free shipping on no minimum order :thumbsup:
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby KRB » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:29 am

Have been using their upland jackets and vest's for many year's, great stuff. Also the still hunters best piece of gear the quiet bean boots. Will have to try the waterfowl sweater.
KRB
hunter

Postby Rise and Shine Retrievers » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:03 am

Everything already said here. I need tall sizes, great exchange policy and I have an outlet store 10 min from my house. Waders, most of my upland gear, camo, hiking boots... I stop by regularly and only purchase at a bargin price.
Preserve game, use a well trained retriever.
Rise and Shine Retrievers
hunter

Postby Swanny » Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:31 am

I have a lot of beans gear. Their boots fit like slippers, waterfowl sweaters are warm and windproof, waterfowl tech jacket is dry and pockets in the right spots. Cabelas has a greater selection of clothing, but if beans has what I'm looking for, I choose them every time!! My last pair of boots that I paid for was over 10years ago. If something happens bring them in for repair or resoling.
Swanny
hunter

Postby Slack Tide » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:33 am

I just ordered a new rain jacket from them.....then I found that there was an ugly color (that I liked) that was $20 cheaper...so I went for that one....
A day later I got an email from them that there was a 10% off deal that started. I called them and they said, sure....we will send you a refund check for the 10% off that you would have gotten if you ordered during the deal....
Another great deal with Bean.....
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum