Duck Hunting Forum banner

shardow grass blades vs. Max 4

9K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  Boykinboy 
#1 ·
What do you guys think is better. We use a duck boat on the water covered in marsh grass

I just order a pair of shadow grass waders from cabelas, but i am thinking i should have got the max 4. I feel it is more versatile. More jackets and hats come in this pattern as well.. as well as shot guns.

I think i may send them back for the max 4. Hellppppppppp

#4 ·
I wouldn't worry about finding more stuff in max 4. Blades is the newest mossy oak pattern and it'll be all over the place very soon. Max 4 is being replaced by max 5 for next season too so it'll be phased out anyway. From what I've seen of the new max 5 pattern, it doesn't appear as dark as max 4 either.

#10 ·
got my new a5 in blades and really like the way it looks. camo is mostly for the hunters though and one pattern works as well as the next as long as you're still and don't move around a lot. blades was a new pattern last year and will be used for the next few years for sure, max 4 is being discontinued as others have said. pretty sure they killed a lot of ducks back in the day with just the old brown coat...

#17 ·
goosie119 said:
got my new a5 in blades and really like the way it looks. camo is mostly for the hunters though and one pattern works as well as the next as long as you're still and don't move around a lot. blades was a new pattern last year and will be used for the next few years for sure, max 4 is being discontinued as others have said. pretty sure they killed a lot of ducks back in the day with just the old brown coat...
WINNER!
Ive hunted in alot of patterns and even killed ducks wearing a totally green hoodie. Staying still and covering your hands and face i think is the most important part. (and in my case, my bright red hair)

#19 ·
If you're so worried about it get the synthetic a400 and hydro dip it. I aint spending 1700$ on a shotgun im not gonna be completely satisfied with!
I love my MO bottomland jacket for anything in the swamp. I use a max4 jacket when hunting our saltwater marshes. Im getting a shadow grass blades jacket for freshwater marshes over the off season. I love the drake ild school camo too! I plan on hydro dipping my all around shotgun in that

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.