Coffee Thermos

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, Quack Wacker NC, Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67

Re: Coffee Thermos

Postby william costa » Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:50 pm

Nissan I have had fer years.its hold more than a pot of coffee and hunt all day and left over is warm next morning.best thermos I have ever used hands down.my buddy bought one as well.would highly recommend!
william costa
hunter

Postby kylbjack » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:55 pm

Have had two stanleys. They're great. Bought a nissan by cabelas. ... its better and looks great. Cant really go wrong.
kylbjack
hunter

Postby KillerKowalski » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:55 am

Stanley. I carry the liter and the two liter all season. I use my Dad's 1970s Stanley Wide Mouth for soups and still works.
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby slickerhater » Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:19 am

primus, best I have had in 15 years
slickerhater
hunter

Postby 10gaOkie » Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:18 pm

I have both the old type (made in USA) and the special edition version which is china made, both Stanleys. After using the new made one all season long, I cant tell the diff in how they keep my coffee hot all morning long. As far as I am concerned, there is no diff between the new and old. So I would have to dissagree with the chinese version being crap.

Chris
10gaOkie
hunter

Postby aunt betty » Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:35 pm

10gaOkie wrote:I have both the old type (made in USA) and the special edition version which is china made, both Stanleys. After using the new made one all season long, I cant tell the diff in how they keep my coffee hot all morning long. As far as I am concerned, there is no diff between the new and old. So I would have to dissagree with the chinese version being crap.

Chris

When your POS Chinese thermos loses its vacuum you will feel differently. In close to 40 years of hunting ducks I only bought one Stanley until it got stolen. Replaced it with Chinese. ..and replaced it and replaced it...
The handles fall off, you drop it, and it loses its vacuum. You will find out...
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
aunt betty
hunter

Postby aunt betty » Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:37 pm

This one is working so far...
aunt betty
hunter

Postby don novicki » Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:54 pm

I'm surprised Yeti doesn't make or offer a thermos for a couple of hundred bucks.......... :lol3:
don novicki
hunter

Postby aunt betty » Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:15 pm

don novicki wrote:I'm surprised Yeti doesn't make or offer a thermos for a couple of hundred bucks.......... :lol3:

Imagine a huge five-gallon bucket that holds 32 ounces of coffee and that is your yeti thermos. :D
aunt betty
hunter

Postby Feelin' Fowl » Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:23 pm

aunt betty wrote:
don novicki wrote:I'm surprised Yeti doesn't make or offer a thermos for a couple of hundred bucks.......... :lol3:

Imagine a huge five-gallon bucket that holds 32 ounces of coffee and that is your yeti thermos. :D

:lol:
luie b wrote:I think you guys were right.
Feelin' Fowl
hunter

Postby KillerKowalski » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:49 pm

I would buy one.
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby 10gaOkie » Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:03 pm

I got my special edition Stanley at Walmart on a black friday special price of $14.99. I couldnt pass it up. I more than got my money's worth as it does what its supposed to.

Chris
10gaOkie
hunter

Postby cluckmeister » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:18 pm

10gaOkie wrote:I got my special edition Stanley at Walmart on a black friday special price of $14.99. I couldnt pass it up. I more than got my money's worth as it does what its supposed to.

Chris

Consider yourself very fortunate, a while back I did a search of reviews on the China ones and there are far more bad reviews than good.
If you're there for the limit, you're there for the wrong reason
cluckmeister
hunter

Postby 10gaOkie » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:31 pm

Yes, I read them too but for the cheap price, I said why not try one. I could not tell the diff in it and my old ones. It wont be the first time I got wrong info from reviews. My son bought one the same night as me and he likes his as well.

Chris
10gaOkie
hunter

Postby Feelin' Fowl » Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:35 pm

KillerKowalski wrote:I would buy one.

Of course you would...:lol:
luie b wrote:I think you guys were right.
Feelin' Fowl
hunter

Coffee Thermos

Postby KillerKowalski » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:33 am

Mike's is nice though. Flat black custom made handle and prob stained black inside.
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby aunt betty » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:33 am

KillerKowalski wrote:Mike's is nice though. Flat black custom made handle and prob stained black inside.

Nope.
Sigh, here is a thermos tip...
To clean one, put hot water and oxyclean in your thermos but do NOT put the cap on. It will blow up...
Oxyclean makes a thermos brand-new clean.
aunt betty
hunter

Postby aunt betty » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:36 am

A guy at the brake kept pestering me each time I used my shiny thermos cup and he just wouldn't drop it so I got in my dry boat storage, pulled out the rattle can of rustoleum. Then I noticed how white his face was. Funny how he didn't want his face painted but was crybabying about a silver cup.

Told him many times how it's a duck call and how good it works.
aunt betty
hunter

Postby RustyGunz1960 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:35 am

I had to buy a new thermous recently and was disappointed that I could not find a US-made one off the shelf, but as far as previous posts are concerned, I do not think the quality problems are simply because they are made in China rather than here. The company still designs them. Sadly, most everything is being cheapened these days to maintain profit margins.
RustyGunz1960
hunter

Postby aunt betty » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:32 pm

RustyGunz1960 wrote:I had to buy a new thermous recently and was disappointed that I could not find a US-made one off the shelf, but as far as previous posts are concerned, I do not think the quality problems are simply because they are made in China rather than here. The company still designs them. Sadly, most everything is being cheapened these days to maintain profit margins.

After you purchase, return, repurchase, return... then on the third try you get one that works you will begin to understand why us older guys complain about cheap Chinese goods and poor quality.
aunt betty
hunter

Previous

Return to Hunting Gear Forum