Layout Blinds

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, Quack Wacker NC, Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67

Layout Blinds

Postby KCDuckMaster » Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:58 pm

I've been looking at layout blinds for field hunting but I've decided to see if anyone had any plans to build a layout blind before I buy one for $300
KCDuckMaster
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Dogman » Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:34 am

I've seen some good "coffin" blinds made out of plywood,fiberglassed to make them watertight so you can set up in shallow water.I made a cart/blind out of 1 inch EMT conduit,added wheels and blind material.Came out decent and only cost about 40 bucks in parts(I got the conduit from a dumpster)
You probable should post this on the hunting gear forum,might get more replies.
My lab is still the best hunting partner there is.
Dogman
Forum & State Moderator

Postby duckbum13 » Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:38 am

i built one out of plywood adn cylicone sp? but it worked out great i put a head rest in and a place where i coule but a box of shells i put wheels on the bottom and cut a camping pad out to fit and put that in there..... put my sleeping bag in there adn cut out a screen so i could see out and it works great i love it takes abotu ten minetes in the feild to camo up i spray painted it but just throw som stuff on it and can barely see it yourself....... :toofunny: works out great :mrgreen:
might as well start callin me the pit man
duckbum13
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum