Stockingfoot Wader Question/Advice

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67, Quack Wacker NC

Stockingfoot Wader Question/Advice

Postby MaxDuck » Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:46 pm

Hey guys I was hoping you all could help me out. I have a pair of Cabela's stockingfoot waders with a nice pair of wading boots. I love the waders and the boots but I really have had some trouble with the gravel guards. They are so hard to get on when it's cool out and even harder when it's cold. They operate with a zipper and have one piece of Velcro on top. They work really when I get them on but getting them on by myself is time consuming and just a pain. If you guys have any tips/recommendations I would really appreciate hearing them! Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MaxDuck
hunter

Re: Stockingfoot Wader Question/Advice

Postby Cupped-n-Committed » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:23 pm

All the gravel guards I have ever had are stretch waste band kind of stuff you just pull over the boot. Then a hook to hook on the shoe laces.
"If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing, or you're just doing it wrong."

River hunting in my Wilderness Systems Kayaks; Commander 120 and Ride 135
My Blog archeryrob.wordpress.com Confessions of a fisherman, hunter and tinkerer
Cupped-n-Committed
Forum & State Moderator

Postby MaxDuck » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:19 pm

Thanks Cupped, would you posting where you purchased yours? That kind of guard seems much easier to put on.

*Found what looks like a much better pair of gravel guards from Orvis. Thanks for your input though
MaxDuck
hunter

Postby Cupped-n-Committed » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:44 am

I buy breathables on Ebay or other places they might be on sale usually. I use Hodgman Wadelite as I use mine mostly in a kayak and not around brush. I just get green and don't worry about camo. I am either in the water, or in the blind/boat. :smile:

I just got my daughter a pair around Christmas for under $30 shipped, but got lucky, and Academy had cheap wading boots in mens 8 she could use for $20. You can find them for $50 if you look enough and a patient.
"If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing, or you're just doing it wrong."

River hunting in my Wilderness Systems Kayaks; Commander 120 and Ride 135
My Blog archeryrob.wordpress.com Confessions of a fisherman, hunter and tinkerer
Cupped-n-Committed
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Hunting Gear Forum