Deep Water wading jacket

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67, Quack Wacker NC

Deep Water wading jacket

Postby southbistineau » Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:30 am

Do any of you own the Drake Deep Water Wading Jacket? I need some Mossy Oak Bottomland Camo for Cypress tree hunting. I like to wear my outer coat over my waders. I already have a Cabelas 3 in 1 wading jacket that I love in max 4. The jacket has been awesome. But Max 4 is really starting to stick out in the dark and grey cypress stands that I am hunting. I don't see where cabelas has any wading jackets in bottomland.

I can get the Deep Water wading Jacket by itself without the inner layers saving on cost. I'm just wondring if the Deep Water jacket would be too short and feel funny or ride up. I can't find any reviews online anywhere so either it is a new item or nobody has bought one.

I wish the companies would sell just the outer shells on these 3 in 1 systems so you can change the outside camo to match your surroundings without having to buy the whole system again.

Anybody have one that can give a review? And yes, I have read the thread about Drake items sucking. I just want to know about the length, does it run small such that you should order a size larger, etc. Is it even worth buying or should you go ahead and get a whole new 3 in 1 wading jacket system?
southbistineau
hunter

Re: Deep Water wading jacket

Postby southbistineau » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:01 pm

Does anybody own one of these deep water wading jackets?
southbistineau
hunter

Postby 2500hdon37s » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:36 pm

Check out the Natural gear waterfowl 3 in 1 system.

If I were you, I'd just put my coat in my waders. I've always put my coat inside of my waders for distribution channel crossing and deeper water, as well as I stay warmer with it inside of my waders.
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Postby Quack Wacker NC » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:24 pm

Columbia made there wader widgeon in bottomland a yr or two back a buddy of mine has one, there pretty short I have one in max 4 it's just the shell, only other option I know of is drakes est deep water wading jacket, they call it est just because it's just the shell
Quack Wacker NC
Forum Moderator

Postby Dog Tired » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:11 am

2500hdon37s wrote:Check out the Natural gear waterfowl 3 in 1 system.

If I were you, I'd just put my coat in my waders. I've always put my coat inside of my waders for distribution channel crossing and deeper water, as well as I stay warmer with it inside of my waders.

This. Pull out if waders when it rains. Doesn't answer your question directly, but you can come by a bottomland shell pretty easy. I use a mossy oak shadow grass. $20 rig that has lasted years.
Dog Tired
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum