crash course on gopro2

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67

crash course on gopro2

Postby Honk-n-quack » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:01 am

I have a buddy who is lending me a gopro for the weekend, and I have no idea how to run them or what setting is best. can anyone give me some helpful hints or possibly post old threads that could help me out?
thanks
Honk-n-quack
hunter

Re: crash course on gopro2

Postby bttrym8 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:07 am

If I only have one battery, I will set it on audible beeps and the start recording when I turn it on. That way when birds show up I can turn it on and record, then when they stop flying I can just turn it off. Makes it last the whole hunt and makes editing MUCH easier. If you have multiple batteries then just turn it on and let it run. Will probably get an hour or so out of it.

Recording in 1080 at 30fps wide will give you clearest video and you can zoom in to the "narrow" field of view with software afterwards. If you want slow motion go with 720x60fps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bttrym8
hunter

Postby go get the bird » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:18 pm

Send a PM to CrazyMatt. I believe he records for Cason at Byers Farm. He could probably answer your questions.
MackieKnife wrote:The moral of the story is...I'm retarded.
go get the bird
hunter

Postby Honk-n-quack » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:08 pm

I searched for him and it says that there is no username crazymatt
Honk-n-quack
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum