Building a blind

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, HENDU3270, donell67, Quack Wacker NC, Smackaduck

Building a blind

Postby Awshuckyducky » Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:38 am

New waterfowler here, have been lucky enough to hunt on a couple private ponds this year and fell in love with the sport, I'll be hunting the public lands on my own next season and was wondering what y'all though would be the best blind to set up on a lake shore in the weeds, all I have is a canoe and it is camoed but something about shooing from a canoe makes me nervous about going for a swim, any help is appreciated!
Awshuckyducky
hunter

Re: Building a blind

Postby MarkM » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:27 am

Use natural vegetation from your surroundings. If there is nothing nearby on the shore you can also use a layout blind. Either dig it into the ground a little to offset your profile or bring a few logs and brush around to help.
possumfoot wrote:i cant remember who said it, but they said it best.. to a grown man, watching child birth is like a 9yo watching disney land burn to the ground..

Locked&Loaded wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:...metrosexual....

:lol3: I am!
MarkM
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum