Cabela's Northern Flight™ Sit-Up Layout Blind

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, HENDU3270, donell67, Quack Wacker NC, Smackaduck

Cabela's Northern Flight™ Sit-Up Layout Blind

Postby 1steve7301 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:16 pm

Has anyone tried this layout blind from Cabelas? I have a bad back and cannot hunt from a traditional layout, but this blind looks to solve that problem, but is it just to high to be effective in the field?????

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Hunting/ ... t104319180
1steve7301
hunter

Re: Cabela's Northern Flight™ Sit-Up Layout Blind

Postby 2500hdon37s » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:23 pm

would be a high profile and cast a large shadow but if there is enough cover like 2ft tall corn stalks and terraces in the field you could hide it easy.

set it up on the low side of a terrace in a field and have some guys with normal blinds taper down from your blind and the terrace would hide your blind a lot better. Thats what we've been doing a lot lately with normal layout blinds and they are pretty much invisible when brushed in and ready to hunt.
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Postby noweil » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:55 pm

One way to find out if it will work. I pretty much always run my layout blind 15-25 yards off to the side of the landing zone in my little decoy spread. Get this blind and set it off to the side. I'm sure it will fool some birds if you brush it up good. We often use our layouts on the edge of wetlands, for duck and goose hunting. Many times there will be taller cover behind us and shorter cover in front of us. It should blend in well being backed up againt something. I have an 87 year old who hunts with me that one of those might work well for.

I personally feel that most every manufacturer of layout blinds does a very poor job of supplying the consumer with information on layout blinds. I want to see pictures of the blind folded up, pictures of someone carrying the blind, in addition to the measurements folded up and set up as well as the weight. I also want to know about the waterproofing. I just don't think they give us much information to go on without having to go some place and seeing the blinds in person.
CRP was responsible for 25.7 million additional ducks produced in the U.S. Prairie Pothole Region during 1992-2003.  Source DU.
noweil
hunter

Postby 1steve7301 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:34 am

Thanks guys for the input. In doing some more research I also found this new blind at Cabela's from beavertail. It has a spring assist seat for sitting up quickly. Watched a u-tube video of it in action and it looks very nice. The profile is much better than the sit up blind. Have some options at least. Thanks again.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Hunting/ ... t104319180
1steve7301
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum