Camo patterns

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67, Quack Wacker NC

Re: Camo patterns

Postby mudpack » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:13 am

CaptainWv wrote:Im looking into the Natural Gear stuff, its pretty plain, looks like it would work well just about anywhere

I've got several coats and a pair of pants in Nat Gear. It's a pretty versatile pattern. If I'm going to a new spot where I don't know exactly what type of vegetation I'll be hiding in, it's the pattern I wear.
mudpack
hunter

Postby KRB » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:17 am

Hunting salt marsh out of sneak boats, the max 4 work's fine. Boat's covered in salt grass. Your face is what need's to hidden.
KRB
hunter

Postby Jimmy82 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:35 am

I've been using my Multicam gear, it's great in the early fall or spring. Took a deer right under my stand during archery and had 2 woodies come straight into my decoys on a small pond with no other blind material. I was just sitting against a tree with the sun at my back. But it does have a lot of green, and I had to leave before a lot of stuff really started turning tan and brown. I want to get a different coat for later in the season. The other problem is that it doesn't come insulated. You would need all the other undergarments to stay warm. We use a layered system so that we can use it in any climate, and without the other layers you're sucking. But I guess a good set of long underwear and a sweatshirt and maybe if it's really cold another coat underneath would work. But if the Army didn't give you a set already, you might as well spend the same money and get a commercial "4-1" coat.
Jimmy82
hunter

Postby kcwellington » Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:43 pm

I like natural gear. It seems to blend in really well in area we hunt. Backwater sloughs, river banks, swamps, any where there is alot of deadfall.
kcwellington
hunter

Previous

Return to Hunting Gear Forum