Drake jackets

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, Quack Wacker NC, Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67

Drake jackets

Postby 2thepoint » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:37 pm

I am looking for a new cold weather wader jacket and I saw the drake brand. I am looking at the LST Eqwader 3-in-1 Plus 2 Wader Coat. Does anybody have any experience with this jacket? Or any suggestions for a better jacket?
May I be half the man my bird dog thinks I am.

Impulse Outdoors on Facebook
2thepoint
hunter

Re: Drake jackets

Postby mufb » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:01 pm

I have that jacket, it is going on 5 years now. I haven't had any issues with it but don't wear it much hunting anymore as I typically can get buy with the LST pullover. I do wear both the liner and shell a lot at different times dog training, working on the lease, etc. without any issues.
mufb
hunter

Postby 2500hdon37s » Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:27 pm

Cabela's dri-fowl is what I have, I'd suggest it to anybody looking for a great jacket. Its cheaper and better IMO. never gotten wet while wearing it, pretty warm, and I have yet have any sort of problem with it.
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Postby 2thepoint » Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:31 pm

2500hdon37s wrote:Cabela's dri-fowl is what I have, I'd suggest it to anybody looking for a great jacket. Its cheaper and better IMO. never gotten wet while wearing it, pretty warm, and I have yet have any sort of problem with it.

I had the dri-fowl it leaked. I brought it back they were going to ship a new one but ran out of stock. So they just put the money back on my card. That's why I am looking for other brands. I took pics of how wet the jacket got inside just from light rain. It was far from waterproof.
May I be half the man my bird dog thinks I am.

Impulse Outdoors on Facebook
2thepoint
hunter

Postby Huntnharris » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:42 am

I have the same Drake jacket, with no issues as well. I would also check out UA and Browning dirty bird.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk
Huntnharris
hunter

Postby Cajun1085 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:56 am

I have the 3-1 jacket for about 3 years now. I get wet when it rains. I bought the UA skysweeper extreme and hunted in it twice in all day rain and stayed dry.
GATORTAIL 1646 25GTR

SouthEast Gator-tail
Cajun1085
hunter

Postby ChattanoogaDuckHunter » Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:50 pm

Next season will start the second season with my 3 in 1. It has protected me in the rain for hours and is tuff as nails. I also love all the pockets and features it comes with. I would recommend it to anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ChattanoogaDuckHunter
hunter

Postby bickford » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:48 pm

I don't have the one you're talking about, but I have a drake coat for colder weather and rain jacket for cooler. They have both been great. Waterproof and functional with pockets etc
bickford
hunter

Postby h.kizzle » Thu May 01, 2014 1:01 am

Have had the 3 in 1 for 3 seasons. Really like it. The chest pockets are nice and the lower pop open shell pockets are really nice. Haven't hunted in too much rain but stayed dry the times I have.
h.kizzle
hunter

Postby goosehappy » Sat May 03, 2014 10:11 am

I have the ****'s Sporting Goods Field and Stream 3 in 1 which seems to be a copy of the Drake, but it was about half the price. The outer shell is great, has the same big pockets and the call pocket is really a must if you are a caller and hunt in the rain or snow. 've had it for two whole seasons, and it has held up fine.
trapped in the polar vortex
goosehappy
hunter

Postby agtex42 » Fri May 09, 2014 11:05 am

My buddy and I both got new jackets for Christmas this past year, he got the Drake 3 in 1 and I received a Cabelas PIT jacket. On our first hunt in January we got hit with four different downpours while bank hunting, when it was all said and done his warming layers were sopping wet when we decided to pack it in and I had a couple of wet spots around the cuffs but for the most bone dry. Maybe an isolated incident, but it's not the first time I've heard of Drake jackets performing poorly in a steady rain.

I have nothing but good things to say about the PIT jacket, kept me about as dry as I could have been given the conditions and it's warm enough to wear late season with minimal layering underneath. If you can pick one up on sale they're a heck of a bargain, but I wouldn't mind paying full-retail if I had to do it all over again.
agtex42
hunter

Postby TheBlackduck » Wed May 21, 2014 3:06 pm

I have Drake and Browning. Decent. Noisy. Water Resistant. Well, one of the Browning jackets is Water Proof. Two years ago I started picking up River's West. Noiseless, windproof, waterproof fleece. Wear it as an outer shell and wear whatever you want under it in layers for warmth. Usually other light fleeces easy to discard as it heats up. I've bought three jackets from them now and I've been very satisfied. The majority of the guys in my clubs and leases are starting to switch over to it as well.
TheBlackduck
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum