Do you carry an emergency first aid/survival kit?

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, HENDU3270, donell67, Quack Wacker NC, Smackaduck

Do you carry a first aid kit or survival kit?

Yes- First aid kit
35%
Yes- Survival kit
8%
Yes- Both
23%
No- Nothing can touch me
35%

Total votes : 40

Re: First Aid Kit

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Sat Jun 11, 2005 11:39 pm

hm_palmer wrote:This is pretty sad but i'm a field medic with the marines and I voted no and I cary no kind of first aid kit with me, pretty sad I know. I carry one in my truck when I go elk hunting.

Palmer,
Are you still a field medic?

Just curious,
-Stouff
[b][size=14]REAL Trucks don't got Spark Plugs

"Hold the Shotguns.... Its hard to stear like this!"
AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Postby hm_palmer » Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:59 am

Yeah I go with them every once in a while but right now i'm stuck at a hospital.
hm_palmer
hunter

Postby goldhunter470 » Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:35 pm

I always carry some sort of first aid. Been in a few situations where a bandage and tape have come in handy. (Not that I would ever get injured but my for my friends of course!) I also carry some fire starters and some sort of food and water for survival even though it is pretty hard to get lost on the vast plains of eastern and central ND! :toofunny:
Input that enables becomes thoughts that smother.
goldhunter470
hunter

Postby ol' yeller » Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:08 am

I never carried a first-aid kit until a couple of seasons ago. I was out hunting by myself and was trying to build a makeshift blind out of some small willow trees. When cutting the smaller branches off with a Browning handsaw I cut my thumb down to the bone. I had no bandages or anything like that so I had to sit in the boat and hold my finger together for 4 hours while watching ducks bomb into my decoys on the back side of the island before a buddy called. I had him come out and bring some bandages to hold my finger together. Every since then I've carried an Eddie Bauer first-aid kit in the boat.
ol' yeller
hunter

Postby the_duckinator » Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:15 am

I carry one for my dog but not for me :toofunny: . I suppose half the stuff in there I could use on myself if I needed to.
49% of us didn't vote for him.

Sorry World (we tried)--half of America

3 nations under Bush's God.
the_duckinator
hunter

Previous

Return to Hunting Gear Forum