Decoy bags

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, Quack Wacker NC, Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67

Decoy bags

Postby Greg Wile » Sun Mar 13, 2005 4:28 pm

I have two decoy bags and just found a bag at the war surplus store that works geat for a doz reg. duck decoys. Its an army isue laundry bag got it for a buck.

Keep takin those shooting lessons, I think they'r working cause your starting to get some tail feathers.
Greg Wile
hunter

Postby had » Sun Mar 13, 2005 9:37 pm

sometimes those type of things are the best. :thumbsup:
This site is about having some fun, learning, helping others, and enjoying the commaradre' of other waterfowl hunters. And if you do not like those 4 things, then do not let the door hit you on the way out of here.
had
hunter

Postby DUKHTR » Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:16 am

I guess thos could work for PLASTICs, but I use and cannot say enough praises for the slotted bags....even for plastics. Many hunters have stated problems with decoys and paint etc.....I think that at least some of the problems can be attributed to care.....tossing decoys into a "gang bag" will not only mar quality paints it will outright damage questionable paint. Blocks and anchors bounceing around off one another cannot be good for any decoy.

Glad you found a deal....but you may wish to consider the overall impact of saving $20 this week and the impact on the decoys after a season.......this is only my opinion!
DUKHTR
Forum & State Moderator

Postby donell67 » Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:31 am

ive have had g&h dekes in gang bags for 15 years. no paint wear on them.
donell67
Forum & State Moderator

Postby tengoose1 » Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:33 am

i have been thinkin about getting some heavy delta netting from memphis net and twine and makin my own let you all know how it turns out in a couple of months
tengoose1
hunter

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:17 pm

Greg, Im totally with ya!

Dont need nun of these here "fancy", rich boy equipment to shoot a duck. :salude:

I like to save a buck where ever I can!

-Stouff
[b][size=14]REAL Trucks don't got Spark Plugs

"Hold the Shotguns.... Its hard to stear like this!"
AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Postby DUKHTR » Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:58 am

sorry ....cannot agree with you Alaska.....and I am no fancy shmanshi rich boy.....but when I make a decoy (or even if I buy a plastic decoy) I want it to last so I use compartment bags.....only $21....c'mon, it is not alot of $$$, just don't buy the last round on Friday night! :salude:
DUKHTR
Forum & State Moderator

Postby huntmq1 » Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:34 pm

I HATE being a pack mule. Gotta have a padded LOW back on the bag. Something that doesn't beat the hell out of my calves and thighs. Been there done that and got the key chain!
:salude:
Hey, did you grab the blind bag with the shells when we left the truck?
Safetys, use them: If you can see red, you can get dead!
huntmq1
hunter

Postby Mike M. » Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:30 am

I'm with DUKHTR on this one. I used to use mesh decoy bags, and have since gone to individual slot decoy bags. They really keep your decoys from getting beat up. The individual slot bags also keeps everything very organized and there are no more tangles.
Mike M.
hunter

Postby h2ofwlr » Tue Apr 26, 2005 12:51 pm

I have to agree that if you have wood or cork dekes, the slotted bags are nice.

But I use S Mag G&Hs, I use a min of 7 dz, mostly 9 dz of them at a time--there it no way slotted bags would work for me as too much valuable space would be wasted. I put 2/3 of the dekes unbagged in the bottom of the boat with about 1/3 baged and on top of the others and lash it down with bunge cords when going down the highway. I use the 2 man Cabela bags or the biggest 1 man bags from Cabelas for those decoys I bag. :thumbsup:
The Audacity of Bull Crap.
"Typical: Gun-loving, bitter bible-thumping white person" Barack Obama.
Hey I resemble that comment!!! Those are FIGHTING WORDS!!!
h2ofwlr
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Gooseboy » Wed Jul 20, 2005 5:58 pm

I use a big green mesh bag, nuff said. :hammering:
The group ended up with 420 birds.

(\__/) This is my bunny. There
(='.'=) are many like him but this
(")_(")one is mine. Cut and paste the bunny into your signature to help the bunny gain world domination !
Gooseboy
Banned

Postby quackkiller » Wed Jul 20, 2005 6:08 pm

I've always used the mesh bags, and over time they will take their toll on your decoys, at least some of the old flambeau's are showing some wear and tear from riding in the bags. I'm going to invest in a few of the 12 slot bags and the 6 slot bags for my goose floaters. I'm no rich boy either, I work hard to get every thing I have, and I like to take care of my stuff.
quackkiller
hunter

Postby bgoldhunter » Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:51 pm

Last edited by bgoldhunter on Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bgoldhunter
hunter

Postby Gooseboy » Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:41 am

i dont need a padded bag, im a young wipper snapper.
The group ended up with 420 birds.

(\__/) This is my bunny. There
(='.'=) are many like him but this
(")_(")one is mine. Cut and paste the bunny into your signature to help the bunny gain world domination !
Gooseboy
Banned

Postby texan68 » Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:59 pm

yep....my dad used em in the old days. He said the only prob was they tear real easy.
texan68
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum