Blind Bag Gadget on Sale at Macks PW

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67, Quack Wacker NC

Blind Bag Gadget on Sale at Macks PW

Postby jso21 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:32 am

For those duck hunters looking for a new gadget to put in their blind bag.... The Radicator, only $1.99

http://www.mackspw.com/Item--i-CHA555
jso21
hunter

Re: Blind Bag Gadget on Sale at Macks PW

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:06 am

Cost more to ship it lol.
I hope someday someone remembers this old dog with kindness and gives me to a puppy.

-Gene Hill

fadetoblack188 wrote:forget i asked.. mods please delete.. the scum bags on this site are overwhelming.
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby jso21 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:17 am

I know...thats why ordered one for each of my two brothers, one for me and one to keep in the boat. Birthday presents for this year taken care of!!!
jso21
hunter

Postby aunt betty » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:23 am

Are you kidding? Learn how to kill a bird.

Not sure exactly why but it disturbs me that anyone would think they need such a silly product.

How to dispatch a bird:

Grasp the bird by its bill placing your thumb under the bill with thumb pointed towards the base.
Put your hand by your side with the bird held the way I described above.
Now twirl the bird once or twice. You will feel it's neck snap. Don't get all crazy or you'll twist it's head off.

The bird may flap and jump but once you feel that snap...it's dead.

You each owe me $2 + shipping and handling. :grooving:
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
aunt betty
memberhip was not approved

Postby jso21 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:31 am

aunt betty wrote:Are you kidding? Learn how to kill a bird.

Not sure exactly why but it disturbs me that anyone would think they need such a silly product.

How to dispatch a bird:

Grasp the bird by its bill placing your thumb under the bill with thumb pointed towards the base.
Now twirl the bird once or twice. You will feel it's neck snap. Don't get all crazy or you'll twist it's head off.

I hear you cro magnon....suppose you still knock them out of the sky with simple stones or the trusty sling shot. No need for a fancy shotgun for you. Can't believe you just don't bite the birds head off.... Get over yourself.
jso21
hunter

Postby semoduxnbux » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:51 am

jso21 wrote:

How to dispatch a bird:

I hear you cro magnon....suppose you still knock them out of the sky with simple stones or the trusty sling shot. No need for a fancy shotgun for you. Can't believe you just don't bite the birds head off.... Get over yourself.

This! X2
semoduxnbux
hunter

Postby MarkM » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:10 pm

jso21 wrote:

How to dispatch a bird:

Bite the heads off? Na, just crack the skull and squeeze the brain a bit is all you gotta do.

I don't see much need for the little tool you posted, but to each his own. I wring the neck or hit the head on the blind I am hunting in. Just as easy and I don't have to try and find something to kill the bird for me.
possumfoot wrote:i cant remember who said it, but they said it best.. to a grown man, watching child birth is like a 9yo watching disney land burn to the ground..

Locked&Loaded wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:...metrosexual....

:lol3: I am!
MarkM
hunter

Postby Rick Hall » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:18 pm

Wouldn't be waterfowling without gadgets.
If you think I'm wrong, you might be right.
Rick Hall
hunter

Postby aunt betty » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:16 pm

I tell him the easiest, quickest, most humane way to dispatch waterfowl and he calls me a cave man. :tongue:
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
aunt betty
memberhip was not approved

Postby KRB » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:42 pm

aunt betty wrote:I tell him the easiest, quickest, most humane way to dispatch waterfowl and he calls me a cave man. :tongue:

Kinda how I always did it AB, Your just misunderstood. Or the younger fellas are getting soft.
KRB
hunter

Postby DuckManClyde » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:45 pm

we dont have a dog, so we use the carsons and scoot accross the lake to the birds, at which point we givem a whack with the paddle. IMO i couldnt care less how someone finishes a wounded bird. It has to get done one way or another if you dont make the kill in one shot.
If offended, and or irritated with the above post, please refer to my caring face :hi:
DuckManClyde
hunter

Postby KRB » Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:20 pm

DuckManClyde wrote:we dont have a dog, so we use the carsons and scoot accross the lake to the birds, at which point we givem a whack with the paddle. IMO i couldnt care less how someone finishes a wounded bird. It has to get done one way or another if you dont make the kill in one shot.

Clyde did you mean Carstens?
KRB
hunter

Postby DuckManClyde » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:26 pm

yep, we've got two of them in our group. Fun little boats if you dont mind paddling, a little heaver than my jon but hey. my jon wont go in 4 inches of water. Them things will :thumbsup:
If offended, and or irritated with the above post, please refer to my caring face :hi:
DuckManClyde
hunter

Postby mudpack » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:24 am

When I need to dispatch a bird, I just shoot it. I usually carry a gun when I'm hunting.......

(Actually, I just bite the heads....exactly like Phil does. Quick. Easy. My teeth are always with me, in their own carrying case, and weigh little.)
mudpack
hunter

Postby KRB » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:44 am

:lol3: :lol3: :lol3: Good point Mud.
KRB
hunter

Postby JFord56 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:11 am

If the spin doesn't get him and I've had some Rock-n-Rye then give him the Cajun Crunch! :yes:
JFord56
hunter

Postby Gunnysway » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:12 am

I wonder where they got the idea from...?

Tool-pliers.jpg

Remind me what that thing will do, that this ^^^ won't... :huh:

FWIW... I like ABs method...
Setting up meetings between geese and God since 1992...

Gud till ära, oss till gagn...
Gunnysway
hunter

Postby arkansasredneck » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:08 am

They have all kinds of gadgets in Europe. I think they call them Game Priests
http://www.shootpics.co.uk/game_priests.html
arkansasredneck
hunter

Postby Slack Tide » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:31 am

arkansasredneck wrote:They have all kinds of gadgets in Europe. I think they call them Game Priests
http://www.shootpics.co.uk/game_priests.html

Creepy German engineering.....calling it a "priest".....
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby shootpics » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:55 am

Glad to see mention of the use of 'priests' as a humane method of dispatch. That tends to be the main method in the UK and Europe .... though there has been a recent trend in holding a bird by the head and swinging it.

In general, swinging a bird is frowned upon over here as it is deemed to be a rather crude method of dispatch and not as 'instant' as other methods. Many shoots have banned this practice by beaters, pickers-up etc as they do not want paying Guns to see what is regarded as not the top method of dispatch. Some shoots have public footpaths etc and members of the public have reported the swinging of birds to the RSPCA as they have seen birds continue to flap their wings and bounce around on the ground after such treatment.

Using bird dispatchers is a most unusual practice on a shoot - and those who have tried using them have sometimes caused the head to detach ..... not something we want for birds that are to be hung for a few days.

Some people use a 'nail' and quickly push it straight through the back of the head and into the brain.

I've seen some older people, many years ago, use their teeth to crack a skull. But most of us have held sick game birds (particularly in recent times when shoots 'over-stock) - which can smell and feel 'powdery' to the touch. There is no way that anyone I know in shooting circles would use such a method these days, just as most people now wash their hands with anti-bacterial wash before touching their lunch.

So, that's why we use the good old 'priest' to 'administer the last rites'. Easily carried in a pocket. bag ,or stuffed up a sleeve with the cord round the wrist.

Here at shootpics.co.uk we sell hundreds of priests each year ...... often the beautiful wooden ones which tend to be available during the game shooting season (Aug - Feb 1).

shootpics.co.uk

Pleased you found us, arkansasredneck ...... we get tons of visits from the US and around the globe, particularly for our page on steaming sticks / bending sticks! :-D
shootpics
Newb

Postby Rick Hall » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:08 am

shootpics wrote:In general, swinging a bird is frowned upon over here as it is deemed to be a rather crude method of dispatch and not as 'instant' as other methods.

I was shown how simple it is to break a bird's neck by snapping it straight back so the vertebrae are locked by an orthopedic surgeon who assured me the resulting flapping bird is quite dead for humane purposes. And I've since put the question to other MDs and a pathologist of that same opinion.
If you think I'm wrong, you might be right.
Rick Hall
hunter

Postby shootpics » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:20 am

Rick Hall wrote:
shootpics wrote:In general, swinging a bird is frowned upon over here as it is deemed to be a rather crude method of dispatch and not as 'instant' as other methods.

I was shown how simple it is to break a bird's neck by snapping it straight back so the vertebrae are locked by an orthopedic surgeon who assured me the resulting flapping bird is quite dead for humane purposes. And I've since put the question to other MDs and a pathologist of that same opinion.

Over here, it's how the action is perceived that is important ..... due to 'public opinion'. The public demands a quick, humane death .... and who can argue with that? It doesn't seem to matter these days what professionals think .... what counts is what the public thinks! :-)
shootpics
Newb

Postby MarkM » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:39 am

shootpics wrote:
Rick Hall wrote:

Over here, it's how the action is perceived that is important ..... due to 'public opinion'. The public demands a quick, humane death .... and who can argue with that? It doesn't seem to matter these days what professionals think .... what counts is what the public thinks! :-)

Just shoot their beaks off then :thumbsup:
possumfoot wrote:i cant remember who said it, but they said it best.. to a grown man, watching child birth is like a 9yo watching disney land burn to the ground..

Locked&Loaded wrote:

MarkM
hunter

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:18 am

MarkM wrote:
shootpics wrote:
Rick Hall wrote:

INDA FACE
I hope someday someone remembers this old dog with kindness and gives me to a puppy.

-Gene Hill

fadetoblack188 wrote:forget i asked.. mods please delete.. the scum bags on this site are overwhelming.
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby MarkM » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:21 am

OHIODUCKA5 wrote:
MarkM wrote:
shootpics wrote:
Rick Hall wrote:

INDA FACE

Locked&Loaded wrote:

MarkM
hunter

Next

Return to Hunting Gear Forum