Best full frame layout blind?

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, Quack Wacker NC, Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67

Best full frame layout blind?

Postby #1duke » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:27 pm

I had 2 finishers until my buddy ran them over and reduced them to one. I called Avery and tried to order a new frame, but couldn't get a whole frame from the company (***?).
Anyways, I'm in the market to replace a blind. I do like the finisher, although they suck to carry out into the field on those rare occasions. I'm not a big fan of the floppy door blinds I've sat in. I think lower profile would be better the more and more birds are getting educated to layouts.
Let me know what you guys think.
Thanks
#1duke
Newb

Re: Best full frame layout blind?

Postby Cupped-n-Committed » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:11 am

I don't know if there is a best, maybe best suited to what you like. Cabelas and Rogers might have them on sale to clear them out.
Cabelas has their Ultimate in Brown for $160, its $100 cheaper than the camo and you brush it anyways.

Have you considers going to lowes and getting 1/2" conduit and a bender and seeing if you can bend replacement parts. I guess you can find tubing in aluminum the same size, but I don't know where to source it. Sounds like you have one frame to copy. 1/2 conduit bender has a 5" take out on measurements when bending. Place the arrow on the mark -5" and it comes out to length.
"If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing." my motto

There is nothing better than hunting with friends and then crackin' a couple of cold ones afterwards.
Cupped-n-Committed
Forum & State Moderator

Postby #1duke » Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:57 am

I thought about making a new frame but in addition to the frame being mangled most of the cables and connecting pieces are broken. I'm a carpenter and have all the tools and know how to do it, but I'd have more into it than buying a new one.
I would be interested in buying a frame if someone has a finisher with a worn out cover.
Thanks for the feedback.
#1duke
Newb

Postby KRB » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:18 pm

Very fond of my Cabelas Ultimate, but it is like a sail to carry on windy days
KRB
hunter

Postby 2500hdon37s » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:45 pm

Cabela's IMO.
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Return to Hunting Gear Forum