in-ground blind question

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67, Quack Wacker NC

in-ground blind question

Postby NEhunter » Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:15 pm

Will be building a new in-ground blind this year. Was wondering if some of you guys could give me some advice/ideas on how to do it and what I will need as far as materials.

1st time doing it by myself and I will need some help. I'm looking at one that will fit 4-5 people comfortable. We are on a smaller river so the ground is almost all sand and easy to dig.

Thanks for your help.
"There is a passion for hunting, something deeply implanted within a man..."

-Charles Dickens
NEhunter
hunter

Postby shrpshtr » Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:56 am

first thing i'd recommend is getting a back-hoe. it'll save you tons of time and energy. for 4-5 people, i would go at least 16' long on the blind. make sure to build a platform at 1 end about half the depth of the blind. this will give the dog a spot to sit and still be able to mark easily, etc. put a slight slant to it so the water will drain off and away from him. i would also make sure to put in some rubber "holders" for the shotguns to rest in when things are slow. hth!
shrpshtr
hunter

Postby frazier2209 » Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:04 pm

we used one of those fiberglass baptismal tubs. Just talk to your local church and they should be able to give you the name of the company where they got theirs or just search the internet. :getdown:
frazier2209
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum