Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, HENDU3270, donell67, Quack Wacker NC, Smackaduck

Postby Wilsona018 » Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:30 am

Last edited by Wilsona018 on Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wilsona018
hunter

Postby QuackWacker08 » Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:23 am

:welcome: to the site...Just reply to your old message instead of writing a new one...
QuackWacker08
hunter

Postby fabes468 » Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:12 pm

hey wilson and welcome :welcome:

last year was my first year duck hunting, but iv learn some valuable things:
#1-cant be 2 warm. it gets a little cold here in nc so you want to be warm, some days it got to like 9 degrees,brrrr...so if you can use some of you dads warm hunting jackets...thats what i did. thermal underwear is also a good idea to wear and since you hunt on the coast you probably want some waders. i got friends that got 2 pair, one for the early season when its still a little warm and one for when i gets cold, but you dont NEED two...i only got one. when or if you get waders make sure they have enough insultation, my freinds have anywhere between 1000 and 1600 gram insultation, mine is 1000 and i like them, it all depends on how cold it gets. good socks are also good to wear under the waders so make sure you buy waders big enough for some thick socks.

#2- get a facemask and good gloves. you will need to be pretty covered up so the ducks wont see you. you want to pair of gloves, one thin pair and one thick pair, for when it warm and when it cold

another good thing to have is to get some good shells. there are plenty of posts on shotshells, but you might want to buy some and try them out to see how they pattern.

i hope this helps you somehow
FABES
fabes468
hunter

Postby Gooseboy » Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:30 pm

Chest High Waders

Jacket

Long Johns, or Under Armor

Gloves

Gun

Shells

Headgear

Decoys

Duck Call
The group ended up with 420 birds.

(\__/) This is my bunny. There
(='.'=) are many like him but this
(")_(")one is mine. Cut and paste the bunny into your signature to help the bunny gain world domination !
Gooseboy
Banned

Postby CALLEMQUACKTN » Tue Jul 19, 2005 4:04 pm

:welcome: WELCOME :welcome: If you are hunting by your self then :withstupid: but if you are going with somebody that is already a duck hunter then you can do without the decoys & calls. If you do buy decoys then start out with a dozen mallards. Then you can build off of that. Good luck
CALLEMQUACKTN
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum