Cant find any waders...

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67, Quack Wacker NC

Cant find any waders...

Postby QuackWacker08 » Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:22 pm

Im 14 and am going to need waders for this season. However I cant seem to find any that fit me. I dont want to have to waddle out to the blind but I want something relatively durable. I live in La and it gets down to the upper teens but with a lot of humidity. I have an inseam of 30, a chest of 32-33, and a foot size of 9. What do you recommend??

Oh yeh, Id rather not spend a fortune but I will if I have to.
QuackWacker08
hunter

Postby ks_waterfowler » Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:57 pm

http://www.hodgman.com/outlet/index.html

Didn't look for your specific size, but I am sure you can find something.
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Postby Benelli Slinger » Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:35 pm

Ha lower teens, last year i was huntin in the negative lower teens...lucky you
Benelli Slinger
hunter

Postby cooter » Sat Aug 06, 2005 6:18 am

In anything, you get what you pay for. But being a kid still, you will out grow them weell, before you wear them out. I would buy like a Cabela's or Red Head (Bass Pro Shop) brand. They will be just a little cheaper, but still a good wader. But will still be $159-$179.

Get something with 1000+gr of thinslate in the boot. 3-3.5mm Neo is usually easy to get around in. If you keep you feet warm, then the legs are rarely a problem.

Then you haft to deside if you are going to gets Size 10's hoping to make 2-3 years out of them. Size 9's is what will fit and stay on your feet in mud conditions, but you will probably only get 1 year out of them, if you are lucky, maybe 2 before you out grow them. Size 10's would be a little loser, and in muddy conditions, wouldstruggle to keep them from getting pulled off your feet, but could probably get 2-3 years if you were lucky.

At your age it is a hard time to buy equipment. If you buy good stuff, you feel that you are wasting moeny only being able to use it a year or two. Buy cheaper stuff and haft to struggle with the freezing you butt off. Each guys has to decide which way it will be, and which way he had rather have it.

But when you become a adult, buy good stuff and take care of it the best you can. It will last until you wear it out or tear it up, whioch is usually 4-6 years on waders. Your size sound normal, so I would just buy Size 9 or 10 Regular o the wader. Seems like the inseam is 30-31 inches. Even if it was a inch or two to long, it will not hunt ya. Just remember you are not trying to make a fashion statement, just keeping warm. cooter
member of: Team GREEN
cooter
hunter

Postby jazzibear » Sat Aug 06, 2005 2:46 pm

QuackWacker08 its nice to see someone else from the cenla area. i hunt in woodworth, and in th st. landry area. being only 14 i would suggest (as did cooter) getting a foot size bigger if you can. personally i don't hunt in places that require chest waders only hip, but sometimes an extra inch would'nt hurt. but anyway i've only worn lacrosse ruber boots just because the neo's get so hot. but thats me, and everyone is different. but i hope your search goes great. good luck on the upcoming season.
jazzibear
hunter

Postby Franchi » Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:12 am

Check ebay ! I just got one of my hunting buddies who knows nothing about computers a pair of Cabellas 5mm Armor Flex's for 85 dollars+shipping. They were brand new and were still in original box and had never been open. They have lots of others on there as well, just check.
Get Down ! Get Down ! Here they come.
Franchi
Account Suspended for brand name useage

Postby CALLEMQUACKTN » Sat Aug 13, 2005 11:09 am

Check out ebay.
CALLEMQUACKTN
hunter

Postby Ducksbeus » Sat Aug 13, 2005 5:49 pm

If ya dont get that deep, check out some hip boots...I wear em more than waders :yes: :yes: :yes: You should be able to find size #9 waders...saw some for under $100 at Bass Pro Shops :thumbsup:
"You get what you put in, and people get what they deserve" Hank Jr. and Kid Rock
Ducksbeus
hunter

Postby greenster » Sat Aug 13, 2005 9:54 pm

I would suggest some lacrosse boot very durable And size I would go for 8 Stout. Trying going to Simmons in Bastrop and tell them Cater sent you. They’ll hook you up.
"Thomas Jefferson said I had a God-given right to pursue happiness. What makes me happy is to take a mallard's head smooth off at about 20 feet.

Lanyard: KM Custom Cut (hand),KM Cut red label Black Monster #1,RNT Timber hog,DS mondo,6n1 whistle
greenster
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Hunting Gear Forum