Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, HENDU3270, donell67, Quack Wacker NC, Smackaduck

Postby Wilsona018 » Sat Aug 13, 2005 5:38 pm

Last edited by Wilsona018 on Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wilsona018
hunter

Postby Webfoot12 » Sun Aug 14, 2005 12:50 am

I would search the classifieds of newspapers in your area. Look for garage sales, auctions and personal listings of sporting goods. I look at the classifieds for every Saturday. There is always an auction or sale going on some place. I try to go to them when I can.

By the time you pay for shipping on ebay you're not really coming out that great. With that being said, you can find some goods deals in the off season. Just be picky with what you want and what you are willing to spend.
Rest in peace my friend... Mocha- Jan 20th, 2001-Feb 1st, 2009.
Webfoot12
hunter

Postby michiganduckhunter » Sun Aug 14, 2005 6:22 am

sierratradingpost.com has great deals
michiganduckhunter
hunter

Postby wa.duckhunter » Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:05 am

If money is tight I would suggest not getting caught up in buy to much gear before you try it for yourself. If you can come up with some clothes that will keep you warm (your existing parka, snow gloves,etc..) what ever you normally wear in the cold will work for a beginning season, as long as they are not a flouresant color that stands out a mile away.

In my opinion I would spend my money on blind material, and possibly some used or new decoys. If you can obtain a few decoys, they will grab the ducks attention, and as long as you are hidden in a blind whether homemade or commercially produced. You should still get some shooting in. At least enough to get you addicted to the sport. :getdown: After that I would slowly start taking notice of what you feel you need (better coat, more decoys, better blind, etc....). Don't get caught up in thinking you have to have everything to start.
wa.duckhunter
hunter

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:28 am

:withstupid:

Yeah, this will be my 3rd season. And it will be my FIRST season to have any camo-- or a dog.

Like wa said, git some "accesories" to help ya out :thumbsup:
-Stouff
[b][size=14]REAL Trucks don't got Spark Plugs

"Hold the Shotguns.... Its hard to stear like this!"
AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Postby shrpshtr » Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:21 pm

wa.duckhunter wrote:If money is tight I would suggest not getting caught up in buy to much gear before you try it for yourself. If you can come up with some clothes that will keep you warm (your existing parka, snow gloves,etc..) what ever you normally wear in the cold will work for a beginning season, as long as they are not a flouresant color that stands out a mile away.

In my opinion I would spend my money on blind material, and possibly some used or new decoys. If you can obtain a few decoys, they will grab the ducks attention, and as long as you are hidden in a blind whether homemade or commercially produced. You should still get some shooting in. At least enough to get you addicted to the sport. :getdown: After that I would slowly start taking notice of what you feel you need (better coat, more decoys, better blind, etc....). Don't get caught up in thinking you have to have everything to start.

carve it in stone, excellent response wa. :thumbsup:
Talk 'em into givin' up!

It's easier to get forgiveness than it is permission!
shrpshtr
hunter

Postby Greg Wile » Wed Aug 17, 2005 1:40 pm

:withstupid: couldn't have said it any better. :thumbsup:
Build memories, take a kid out doors and teach them about nature by interacting with it, hunting and fishing.

Learn from the past, don't dwell on it.
Greg Wile
hunter

Postby Gooseboy » Sat Aug 27, 2005 3:48 pm

i got a jacket i can sell you. and some gloves and um.... some calls. and a lanyard.
The group ended up with 420 birds.

(\__/) This is my bunny. There
(='.'=) are many like him but this
(")_(")one is mine. Cut and paste the bunny into your signature to help the bunny gain world domination !
Gooseboy
Banned

Return to Hunting Gear Forum