I need some help

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, Quack Wacker NC, Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67

I need some help

Postby choclab » Sat Aug 27, 2005 5:49 pm

I am in the market for some new waders. I think I have narrowed it down to LaCrosse Buff Tuffs or the Hodgman Dura Mags. Any and all input would be great. :help:
"The rich....who are content to buy what they have not the skill to get by their own exertions, are the real enemies of game". Teddy Roosevelt
choclab
hunter

Postby texasduckblaster » Sat Aug 27, 2005 6:34 pm

i have some neoprem hodgman waders and i like them alot. :thumbsup:
texasduckblaster
hunter

Postby ks_waterfowler » Sat Aug 27, 2005 7:07 pm

I am a huge hodgman fan
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Postby Ducksbeus » Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:13 pm

Got my Hodgmans at Wally World 2 years ago under $100...no complaints at all :yes: :yes: :yes:
"You get what you put in, and people get what they deserve" Hank Jr. and Kid Rock
Ducksbeus
hunter

Postby greenster » Sat Aug 27, 2005 10:58 pm

cant go wrong with lacrosse They Never fail on me went through two the Hodgeman the first year I had them Had to wade through briars to get to the hole but the lacrosse brush tuff still holding up.
"Thomas Jefferson said I had a God-given right to pursue happiness. What makes me happy is to take a mallard's head smooth off at about 20 feet.

Lanyard: KM Custom Cut, KM Cut Black Monster, LC cut BSOD, RNT Timber hog, 6n1 whistle
greenster
Forum & State Moderator

Postby choclab » Sun Aug 28, 2005 1:04 am

Thanks guys. I think I may go with the LaCrosse because of the Buff Tuff. I also need a pair that are comfy. I spent ALOT of time in waders. I get laid off in the winter and I usually hunt 5-6 days a week. My last pair sucked. Made the hunting not so fun.
"The rich....who are content to buy what they have not the skill to get by their own exertions, are the real enemies of game". Teddy Roosevelt
choclab
hunter

Postby tstrong » Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:01 pm

Look into the breathable waders too. I have a neoprene pair and the breathable - Like the breathable much better. I don't sweat as much.
tstrong
hunter

Postby greenster » Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:14 pm

I agree with TST on the breathable if you walk A-ways I walk a few hours many times and sweat but when I go on the gentleman's hunt I would not trade my 1200G fleece lined brush tuff for anything.
"Thomas Jefferson said I had a God-given right to pursue happiness. What makes me happy is to take a mallard's head smooth off at about 20 feet.

Lanyard: KM Custom Cut, KM Cut Black Monster, LC cut BSOD, RNT Timber hog, 6n1 whistle
greenster
Forum & State Moderator

Postby choclab » Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:05 pm

now I am really torn between waders! :toofunny:
choclab
hunter

Postby viper24k » Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:23 am

i'm also all about the breathables.....except i did just get a new pair of hodgmans breathables.....and they leaked....not through the seams but throught the material.....i do have another pair of the cabelas dry plus series......lovem.......hope it helps..
Theres nothin better than a moonlit sunrise over a spread of dekes

She Thinks My Dog is Sexy

Quackin, Whackin and Stackin....
viper24k
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum