What should i do??

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67, Quack Wacker NC

What should i do??

Postby viper24k » Sun Aug 28, 2005 10:08 pm

I received a pair of hodgman waders this spring and didnt have the chance to try them out till last weekend.....and guess what... they leak. My brother, who gave them to me as a gift, tossed the receipt and cabelas wants nothing to do with them if i dont have a receipt.....Some of you might say just patch it....well i thought of that too but the seams arent what leak...the material itself seeps water through... all over................... so it's obviously a defective pair. Any suggestions???
Theres nothin better than a moonlit sunrise over a spread of dekes

She Thinks My Dog is Sexy

Quackin, Whackin and Stackin....
viper24k
hunter

Postby vah2ofowler22 » Sun Aug 28, 2005 10:14 pm

I would try to contact hodgman, and see what they say. I have a pair of lacrosse waders that i wore for 2 years and the seam started to come apart. They replace my waders, no question asked. This may also be because i bought from a local sporting goods store, instead of a world wide $$$$ company. Any way i would start with hodgman and see what they say. If they are a company that stands behind their product they should fix your problem. best of luck
vah2ofowler22
hunter

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Mon Aug 29, 2005 2:08 am

viper,

Like he said, just talk to Hodgman. They SHOULD help ya out :thumbsup:

Let us know what they do :salude:
-Stouff
[b][size=14]REAL Trucks don't got Spark Plugs

"Hold the Shotguns.... Its hard to stear like this!"
AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Postby BearBeatsAll » Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:45 am

If that doesnt work with hodgman because you dont have a recipt then you can maybe go to a local store and ask them to make you out a recipt if they are nice folks they will help you out. :thumbsup: .....not real sure if that will work though?
If you dont have a Lab then you dont have a real dog
BearBeatsAll
hunter

Postby gunman » Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:13 am

I had this problem with the MADD DOG DU edition waders, went threw three diffrent pairs, couldn't find one that didn't lak in the crotch. So at the ver end of the season, I recieved my FOURTH pair, which are LaCrosse, but I haven't had a chance to try 'em out yet because it was so late in the season....these better not work or the staff at Reeds Sporting goods store are really not going to like me......
My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am.
--------------------
Hunters are alot like Birdwatchers. Only after watching while, we start shooting!
gunman
hunter

Postby Gooseboy » Mon Aug 29, 2005 2:24 pm

Take a hot glue gun stick, or a plastic fish bait and melt it with a lighter on it. I would do it on the inside and outside.
The group ended up with 420 birds.

(\__/) This is my bunny. There
(='.'=) are many like him but this
(")_(")one is mine. Cut and paste the bunny into your signature to help the bunny gain world domination !
Gooseboy
Banned

Postby Rat Creek » Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:52 pm

If your Bro in Law got them from Cabelas, you should have success. If he used a credit card, the credit card company can provide a detailed statement of the transaction. I travel frequently and have lost receipts before. I have been 100% successful at getting enough detail from American Express to satisfy even the stingiest of auditors. Visa and Mastercard should be able to provide the same thing.

If the Bro in Law ordered them via the mail order catalog, I am certain Cabelas can track it down and solve the receipt issue.

If it was a cash transaction at the store, do as the others have suggested and go to the manufacturer and hope for the best. Good luck.
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
hunter

Postby viper24k » Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:03 am

well i've tried email, but they dont seem to want to respond........anyone out there have a number for hodgman's........i thought i had one at one time off of their site but i'm not finding it anymore.....thanks guys

viper24k
hunter

Postby tstrong » Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:53 pm

If worse comes to worse buy another pair of the exact type (if possible) and return the defective pair. Tell them you just do not like them. With a receipt no questions will be asked.
tstrong
hunter

Postby Trois_beaux_canards » Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:35 pm

tstrong wrote:If worse comes to worse buy another pair of the exact type (if possible) and return the defective pair. Tell them you just do not like them. With a receipt no questions will be asked.

not the most honest option, and you still have to figure out what to do with the likely store credit.

IMHO, try the online site, and chat with one of Cabelas staff through the "Cabelas Live Help" option. they should be able to point you in the best direction.
Good luck.
Trois_beaux_canards
hunter

Postby tstrong » Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:01 pm

He said these were brand new - from Cabelas and didn't have the receipt. If this is true, purchase the new pair with a credit card and have them reverse the charges after the return. What's dishonest? They sent him a defective pair of waders and won't replace them. I happen to purchase alot of supplies from Cabelas and have never had a problem. I also keep all of my receipts.
tstrong
hunter

Postby Trois_beaux_canards » Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:19 pm

I apologize tstrong, didn't think it through too clearly.
Trois_beaux_canards
hunter

Postby viper24k » Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:09 pm

well i actually did get an email back with a phone # and i called and they gave me a confirmation number to send them in and have them test them out......they didnt ask a single thing about the reciept so i hope something come through.......i'll let you all know

viper24k
hunter

Postby tstrong » Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:39 pm

Good luck - just be persistent. Trois Beaux - no harm taken
tstrong
hunter

Postby viper24k » Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:27 pm

well boys.....the way they make it sound......if they leak, i get new ones......hopefully they leak for them too :smile: but it is nice to see someone who actually stands behind a product.....i'll let y'all know what comes of it

viper24k
hunter

Postby gunman » Tue Sep 13, 2005 1:16 am

glad to see your getting some head way!
My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am.
--------------------
Hunters are alot like Birdwatchers. Only after watching while, we start shooting!
gunman
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum