which waders should I buy

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, HENDU3270, donell67, Quack Wacker NC, Smackaduck

which waders should I buy

Postby AK Ducks » Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:40 pm

ok so I want a tuff pair of waiders after my last pair sprung a leak (ok many leaks all over) so I would like your feed back on this.
the three pairs that I'm looking at are:
1) Cabela's brush buster 1000 waders 119.95
2) Cabela's ultimate hunting wader with armor flex 159.95
3) Cabela's dry-plus warrior 1000 waders 159.95

I am also open to any other suggestions
here are some facts on where i live
hunt temps range from 10-50 *F
Water temp is around 40 all season long (ocean)
I hike/ bike about a mile to get to some of my hunting spots
sometimes I will endup sitting or laying on rocky beaches
I am a college while I have enough money to get me through the next couple years( I plan to get a masters) I will most likely have money problems fairly soon.
thanks
thanks to the men and woman of the United States Coast Guard- without them I would not be here.
AK Ducks
hunter

Postby goosehunter64 » Wed Aug 31, 2005 4:39 pm

IMHO..............if you're not gunna be doing alot of walking and such.....I would go with the Ultimates.
I have them and the best pair I've ever had. I just have to come up with the green backs to get your 3rd choice....or some type of dry-plus wader.

Hypothermia can set in pretty quick when standing in water that cold. I know if you get wet...........even the air temp at 55 you have a good chance of dying.....so thats not good.
I've been there, and done that.....in both situations.....ok, I never died.....but was .........lets say........very very uncomfy. I wish at the time I had these waders.
Rob.
Team WingLock
Lock'em "N" Rock'em
goosehunter64
hunter

Postby Ducksbeus » Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:00 pm

Got some Hodgmans at Wally World 2 seasons ago under $100 :yes: :yes: :yes:
"You get what you put in, and people get what they deserve" Hank Jr. and Kid Rock
Ducksbeus
hunter

Postby greenster » Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:10 pm

I would not buy any thing for cabalas or Hodgeman though I have not used any cabalas products because there cheap made and over priced but hangmen did no last me a month both Pair... I would go for some lacrosse brush tuff or some of those Mack’s PW Grand prairie. I paid $250 for my brush tuffs three years ago and I have found there well worth the money but there like $149 now it beats buying a $100 pair of waders ever month or so.
"Thomas Jefferson said I had a God-given right to pursue happiness. What makes me happy is to take a mallard's head smooth off at about 20 feet.

Lanyard: KM Custom Cut, KM Cut Black Monster, LC cut BSOD, RNT Timber hog, 6n1 whistle
greenster
Forum & State Moderator

Postby tstrong » Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:42 pm

I bought the warrior 1000's last year and really like them. Breathable and don't sweat as much. I've only had them a year.
tstrong
hunter

Postby CLUTCHfan » Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:31 am

I bought a pair of Lacrosse brush tuffs last year and they are awesome. Tough and warm. And if you are fat like me they have expandables.
TNAL45 wrote:I like my beer like I like my violence....Domestic.
CLUTCHfan
Former DHC Ball Buster

Location: Behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore.

Postby viper24k » Fri Sep 02, 2005 7:35 am

i've got a pair of the warriors too and love them.....i definately recommend..... and to be honest with you....i've never been cold in them.....the only thing thats happend that i thought was wierd was on cold days....i would come out of the water and my waders would freeze....no big deal...just not very comfy around the man parts you know?
Theres nothin better than a moonlit sunrise over a spread of dekes

She Thinks My Dog is Sexy

Quackin, Whackin and Stackin....
viper24k
hunter

Postby Ducksbeus » Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:01 am

If ya dont get that deep, check out some hip waders. ALOT lighter for that hike in. Wear rain pants over your jeans ta keep ya dry. When we're flooded real good, I drape my Hodgmans over my shoulders, boot toes out, as I find hiking in my waders impossable. Since you dont get real cold, Id go lightwight all the way :yes: :yes: :yes:
"You get what you put in, and people get what they deserve" Hank Jr. and Kid Rock
Ducksbeus
hunter

Postby mmalino » Sun Sep 04, 2005 8:02 pm

i like the cabales 1600 super mags, very warm and a good buy
mmalino
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum