Multiple mojos on one pole

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67, Quack Wacker NC

Multiple mojos on one pole

Postby Tugboathunter » Thu May 18, 2017 10:15 pm

Cabelas used to carry something that would spin two mojos in the air at the same time. I can't find it anymore. I can't find anyone else selling it anymore either. Does anyone else know where to find them? Have you used it and liked it?
Tugboathunter
hunter

Remove Advertisements

DuckHuntingChat.com
Advertisement

Re: Multiple mojos on one pole

Postby walnuts4x4 » Fri May 19, 2017 6:37 am

I think it was called the vortex...
walnuts4x4
hunter

Postby WVClaysandBassin » Fri May 19, 2017 8:25 am

It was the vortex. They no longer sell it. I have been on a hunt where a homemade version was used in a field. It was pretty good.
We're right, they're wrong, and they're idiots!
WVClaysandBassin
hunter

Postby Bullfrog26692 » Fri May 19, 2017 2:19 pm

There is a youtube video that shows how to make one...I'm not sure if the video is any good though because YouTube is blocked at work! Type in "homemade duck vortex."
gooosehunter wrote:I dont always shoot ducks, but when I do, it's dos duckies.
Bullfrog26692
hunter

Postby Tugboathunter » Sat May 20, 2017 9:15 am

Thanks guys. I will build one
Tugboathunter
hunter

Postby tenfingergrip » Sun May 21, 2017 7:20 am

I made one in the summer of 2008 with help, picture help and narrative, from one of DHC's members and it turned out quite well. Acquiring all the parts is probably the biggest pita, but the construction went well. It's best to have welding skills for the tubular steel support pole and the motor support, but if you've got a friend with a welder, you're in luck. I used a wiper motor out of a junked S-10 Chevy truck. Wind driven Lucky Ducks are the spinners and power is a 12v Lead Acid sealed battery with remote switch. The pole needs to be substantial with "baffles" welded to the bottom to drive into the ground because of the torque generated by the spinning ducks at the end of two metal rods.

There is a web site that sells windshield wiper motors (cheap) that I have used in another project (goose decoy waving machines) that has all sorts of items for Halloween effects projects, Monster Guts, LLC, that can supply you with a motor. Can't really vouch for the quality since I only used the units (I had three running off 1 battery) a couple of times. Too much trouble. Just like to piddle with projects.

If you would like, I have pictures of the various parts of the vortex that I constructed and would share them with you if you pm me with your email address.

Or, better yet, I have them in a file on Photobucket under my "Daffy and friend" project in the projects library. I think you can access it thru this link:
http://s766.photobucket.com/user/tenfingergrip/library/Daffy%20and%20Friend%20%20Homemade%20Vortex?sort=6&page=1
tenfingergrip
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum