Field laydown blinds

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, Quack Wacker NC, Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67

Field laydown blinds

Postby duckbuster » Wed Sep 08, 2004 8:03 pm

ANY ONE LOOKING TO GET RID OF A GOOD GOOSE BLIND.........IM LOOKING FOR A GOOD BLIND FOR CHEAP.
duckbuster
hunter

Postby Drew Willemsen » Thu Sep 09, 2004 11:08 am

Whats cheap? There is a wide variety out there.... :smile:
Drew Willemsen
hunter

Field Laydown Blinds

Postby ks_waterfowler » Thu Sep 09, 2004 6:09 pm

I don't have one for sale but I have one to recommend to you. I don't know what you are looking to spend, but the Avery Powerhunter is an awesome blind for the price. It retails for $150. I just bought one and can't wait to get it out in the field.
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Postby quackerkiller » Thu Sep 09, 2004 6:18 pm

they power hunters good but if you wanna drop a couple more bucks pick up a finisher.
Lynch Mob Calls Pro-Staff
Out For Blood
quackerkiller
Forum & State Moderator

Postby mallardhunter » Thu Sep 09, 2004 7:43 pm

I was thinking picking up the cabelas blind.
Keep working millions on welfare depend on you!!!
If hunting is a sport I am the M.V.P.
www.goosehuntingchat.com
www.nodakoutdoors.com
mallardhunter
hunter

Postby Goosehunter04 » Wed Oct 06, 2004 11:19 pm

Final Approach is the only way to go! Get the Eliminator Pro-Guide. I own it and i love it. Only problem is that it is hard to stay awake because it is so comfortable.
Goosehunter04
hunter

Postby SteveInTN » Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:18 pm

mallardhunter wrote:I was thinking picking up the cabelas blind.

The Avery blind for about the same money would be a much better buy. My partner bought one of the Cabelas blinds and it is pretty cheap. I'd second the vote for Final Approach. I've got an X-Landr (I need to pack mine in) and it IS awesome. First class materials, customer support, all around awesome company & products. I'd spend a little more money and get a Final Approach or Finisher.
"I'll start spending less time with my dog and more with my wife when she starts fetching ducks for me"
SteveInTN
hunter

Postby NESoDak » Sun Oct 10, 2004 11:24 pm

Whatever blind you chose in the long run, get in the thing first and see how it feels. I nearly bought the Cabela's blind until I found out that with my shoulders and long arms I couldn't get a call to my mouth comfortably while inside it. I have one of the Gooseview blinds and am plumb tickled with it, but there are a number of very good blinds on the market, find one that yer comfortable in.
"If you don't think too good ... Don't think too much." Ted Williams
NESoDak
hunter

Postby Drew Willemsen » Thu Oct 14, 2004 10:56 am

The material that the Cabelas blind is made out of is not quite as durable as the F/A or the Averys. Just my .02
Drew Willemsen
hunter

Postby ol' yeller » Thu Oct 14, 2004 2:26 pm

Can you guys give a measurement on how wide these various blinds are? I'm a big boy and I couldn't find any measurements on them.

yeller
ol' yeller
hunter

Blinda

Postby Xtrema Hunter » Sun Oct 17, 2004 10:24 pm

When it comes to lay down blinds you get what you pay for. The Final Approach Eliminator blinds are some of the best on the market, and they blow the Avery finisher out of the field. The Eliminator has a full-length frame, where as the finisher frame only goes to your knees. If you’re a small guy the full-length frame may not matter to you, but I am 6’6” and that full-length frame and longer opening in the blind is extremely nice. The finisher’s frame has a hinge in the middle of it, and is makes the whole blind unstable, where as the Eliminator frame is rock solid. The doors on the finisher are not spring loaded, and the shell bags location is not adjustable and is hard to get to if you are a bigger person. Even the flagging holes in the finisher suck they open up with a weak zipper that is almost impossible to open when the blind is stuffed with stubble. The gun rest on the finisher is not padded, and there is a sharp corner by the gun rest that scratches the $hit out of your barrel. The finisher has no room either. When I am hunting I have a small cooler, a shell box, and a couple of light coats in my Eliminator. I cant fit any of them in the finisher. The Eliminator is only $60 more than the finisher, and if you buy it from Cabelas before the end of the month you get a $75 cash card.

FA all the way!!!!!!!!!
IF IT FLYS IT DIES
Xtrema Hunter
hunter

Postby mallardhunter » Mon Oct 18, 2004 9:18 am

Yea, but does the Eliminator fold up like a finisher?
www.goosehuntingchat.com
www.nodakoutdoors.com
mallardhunter
hunter

Postby quackerkiller » Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:01 am

no they have a full frame
Lynch Mob Calls Pro-Staff
Out For Blood
quackerkiller
Forum & State Moderator

Laydown blinds

Postby Xtrema Hunter » Mon Oct 18, 2004 11:02 am

The Eliminator does not fold up as small as the Finisher, but it lays down completely flat, where as the finisher folds up into a rectangular shape. When loading decoys in the back of a pickup truck we can fit more decoys when we lay the 3 Eliminators at the bottom of the bed and stack the decoys on top than we can if we have only one finisher in the back. However it does need to be an 8ft bed the Eliminator is to long for a short box pickup. If you were to take the Eliminator on a long trip and needed it to be more compact it can be folded in half fairly easily. You only need to take out four screws and disconnect some pins it only takes about 5 minuets.

The Eliminator frame extends all the way to the end of the blind where as the finisher frame only extends to your knees. The blind from the knees down is just fabric.
IF IT FLYS IT DIES
Xtrema Hunter
hunter

Postby donell67 » Mon Oct 18, 2004 11:10 am

i think the eleminator is awesome layout blind. there aren't really any cheap layout blinds is there?
donell67
Forum & State Moderator

Postby yellowlab » Mon Oct 25, 2004 8:30 pm

i was thinking about picking up and xlanbder ... i need to be able to pack mine and the finisher looks bulky and the xlander hpold deks as well :getdown:
yellowlab
Forum & State Moderator

Postby mallardhunter » Mon Oct 25, 2004 8:34 pm

The cabelas one does too, and it is cheaper.
www.goosehuntingchat.com
www.nodakoutdoors.com
mallardhunter
hunter

Postby ks_waterfowler » Tue Oct 26, 2004 9:14 am

Cabelas one is crappy. Looked at it while at Cabelas this weekend. Weak materials put into the cabela's blinds. You get what you pay for, cause I bought a power hunter and know you get what you pay for.
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Postby mallardhunter » Tue Oct 26, 2004 2:46 pm

It is good for the money you pay for it.
www.goosehuntingchat.com
www.nodakoutdoors.com
mallardhunter
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum