Hunting Waders.

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, Quack Wacker NC, Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67

Hunting Waders.

Postby CLUTCHfan » Wed Sep 15, 2004 5:51 pm

I am looking to buy a new pair of waders this year to start duck hunting. The thing is I'm somewhat rotund. I didn't know if anyone has had any experience with either the red head, herters, or lacrosse bootfoot expandable waders. I'm looking to spend less than $200 on them as well. Any help is appreciated.
TNAL45 wrote:I like my beer like I like my violence....Domestic.
CLUTCHfan
Former DHC Ball Buster

Location: Behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore.

Waders

Postby ks_waterfowler » Wed Sep 15, 2004 5:58 pm

Go to www.hodgman.com then go to the outlet store.

I got a size 12 and size 13 5mm Neoprene Bootfoot waders with 1200 grams of thinsulate for 69.90 They are advantage wetlands camo. Me and my brother didn't need the stout size, but that is what they had and for that price. They also shipped both pairs for a grand total of $7.50 for both sets. They did have a deal going that you could get free shipping, but I don't know if it is still going. Check them out. There are some great deals, and my old hodgman's are still in service.
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Postby greenhead » Thu Sep 16, 2004 10:14 pm

i've had the neopreme waders before and they fit really tight and some times they can get really cold what i prefer is the red ball style by lacrosse they let you wear as many clothes underneath it so i would say go with the lacrosse
greenhead
hunter

Postby duckjunky » Fri Sep 17, 2004 12:45 pm

Hello there,

I bought a pair of Cabelas Ultimate Hunting (chest) Waders with armorflex (advantage wetlands pattern) 3 seasons ago. I've had a few fights with barbed wire with them on and my waders won. Still no leaks or holes, I can't say that about the piece of crap Remington neoprene waders I bought a while back that lasted me an entire whopping 3 weeks into a season. To this day still holding up very well, and I use them for fishing on the off season. They cost me about 185.00, that price includes shipping. I hunted several days last season in ice cold water with water up to my belly and stayed toasty warm. On a scale from 1-10, I rate them a 9.5. They are really comfortable too, no buckles, straps, etc. to deal with. There is nothing to get in the way when I mount my shotgun to my shoulder. :salude:
As long as I got my waders on and in the marsh...who cares if I killed a duck today.
duckjunky
hunter

Postby gracenjohn » Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:31 am

i'm with duckjunky. my warrior waders tangles with barbed wire and came out "no holes barbed" :toofunny: seriously, they have worked great for me and the $189 was a lot more than i had ever spent on the neoprenes, but i could not be happier. i tried the canvas because i thought they would be tougher, but they did not have the flexibility that I was looking for. i ripped the crotch out stepping over a log and turned them into the best hip waders i've EVER had. good luck

John
thanks be to God
gracenjohn
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum