Wader pants really worth it?

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67

Wader pants really worth it?

Postby Benelli Slinger » Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:59 pm

i was thinking about getting some "waderwise" pants from cabelas, but i was wondering if they really work...so shall i just stick to my socks pulled up over the bottoms of my long johns or fork over 50 bucks for "waderwise" pants?
Benelli Slinger
hunter

Postby VMAX » Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:11 am

YES!! I have a pair of wading liners from cabelas that I think are the 400 gram fleece. I love em. I've worn em from fly fishing to duck hunting. They wick moisture away extremely well and keep you really warm. When it gets real cold here late season I put a pair of insulated microtex pants on over them under my waders and I never get cold.
VMAX
Newb

Postby JJ McGuire » Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:28 am

I have a pair and they are great. When it is really cold I put in under amour the wader pants and I use breathable waders. I stay nice and dry and warm as toast.
JJ McGuire
hunter

Postby shrpshtr » Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:30 am

if for no other reason the comfort alone of a wader pant is well worth it. it sure beats the old blue jeans bunched up under the neoprene or regular sweats sliding 1/2 way up your leg even after being duck taped down. they also do a tremendous job of keeping you dry and that really helps with warmth. you don't have to buy a particular wader pant though...under armour cold gear works perfect. they can be used in a variety of differenting hunting/outdoor scenarios vs. just for waders. hth!
Talk 'em into givin' up!

It's easier to get forgiveness than it is permission!
shrpshtr
hunter

Postby ISHOOTDIVERS » Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:24 am

The pants are definitly worth it, I got mine from Cabelas Tent Sale a few years ago and got them for $15!I love them even if they would cost $50 go with it
Diver Hunters Do It In Big Waves!

Save A Seal, Club An Activist
ISHOOTDIVERS
hunter

Postby Rat Creek » Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:46 am

For years, I took grief from my partners because I wore running pants under my waders. The running pants are the fleece type that are not tight, but are somewhat form fitting, and taper down to your ankles (some also have stirrups). They were comfortable and warm. As others have said, no bunched up blue jeans to rub a hot spot on your lower leg.

I will be upgrading to real live wader pants this year. Maybe if they say Cabelas or come in camo, the partners will leave me alone. :thumbsup:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
hunter

Postby Greg Wile » Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:53 am

:mrgreen: HOT PINK!! :laughing:
Build memories, take a kid out doors and teach them about nature by interacting with it, hunting and fishing.

Learn from the past, don't dwell on it.
Greg Wile
hunter

Postby Fowlercon » Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:31 am

Worth every cent! I wear mine to Target too; I find that it accetuates my package. :thumbsup: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
"It is not the function of our Government to keep the citizen from falling
into error; it is the function of the citizen to keep the Government from
falling into error."
Fowlercon
hunter

Postby Rat Creek » Mon Oct 10, 2005 5:46 pm

If I can find them in hot pink, I will surely wear them. It would be the best way to get a table by myself at the local lunch spot after a hunt. That or I would quickly bring a couple of country boys out of the closet. :getdown:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
hunter

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Mon Oct 10, 2005 5:50 pm

Rat Creek wrote: That or I would quickly bring a couple of country boys out of the closet. :getdown:

:hammering: :toofunny:

RRRRGHHH, when I think of a comeback to all you "sity" boys... Ill let you know :laughing:
-Stouff
[b][size=14]REAL Trucks don't got Spark Plugs

"Hold the Shotguns.... Its hard to stear like this!"
AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Postby Trois_beaux_canards » Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:16 pm

I have a pair of herters wader liner pants. I got them from Cabelas for super cheap (less than $20). They aren't super thick, but with a pair of long underwear underneath keep me warm in the 20's. I haven't had 'em out in colder weather this year. I'll let you know if they don't continue to work.
Trois_beaux_canards
hunter

Postby tstrong » Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:23 pm

When it's cold most definetly.
tstrong
hunter

Postby huntmq1 » Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:22 pm

Cabelas, fleece with the stirups. Love 'em.
:salude:
Hey, did you grab the blind bag with the shells when we left the truck?
Safetys, use them: If you can see red, you can get dead!
huntmq1
hunter

Postby duckplucker » Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:17 pm

Rat Creek wrote:If I can find them in hot pink, I will surely wear them. It would be the best way to get a table by myself at the local lunch spot after a hunt. That or I would quickly bring a couple of country boys out of the closet. :getdown:

be worried if they come up singing rub a dub dub 3 men in the tub. (might want to have your loaded shotgun handy at this point)
"Take 'em"
duckplucker
hunter

Postby kms399 » Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:20 pm

i love mine they are not cabalas brand but work just the same. i also wear them under my camo pants when field hunting geese in late season. definatly buy them. and yes you will catch hell from your buddies. mine have stirups. i wore them and a camo turtle neck one day the boys wouldn't quit.
another one bites the dust
kms399
hunter

Postby donell67 » Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:03 pm

yes the wader pants are definately worth it. alot more comfortable than pants
donell67
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Hunting Gear Forum