Cabelas Real Image??? good, bad

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67

Cabelas Real Image??? good, bad

Postby lars » Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:20 pm

Im just looking for some feedback about the cabelas real image dekes like durability, look and how they sit in the water. thanks
lars
hunter

Postby ISHOOTDIVERS » Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:34 pm

They are good looking dekes but the paint isn't so great, and I have heard to many times they are made by or incoporated with GHG and avery and we all know how great their paint is :laughing: If you wanna spend $90 a dozen for plastics I'd go g & H or buy some herters foamers
Diver Hunters Do It In Big Waves!

Save A Seal, Club An Activist
ISHOOTDIVERS
hunter

Postby texan68 » Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:44 pm

Simply no need. Why spend that much more on a deke, that has been photo imaged, when a regular painted deke works equally well?? I don't know if you guys have noticed, but the Cabelas "real image" bluebills, look near identical to GHG bluebills, and are $40 more....I think its ridiculous.
texan68
hunter

Postby JJ McGuire » Tue Oct 11, 2005 6:06 am

My buddy bought 2 dz last year, they worked ducks well and we had no piant problems, but he eventually glued the heads on as the would come off when we tossed them on the water.
JJ McGuire
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum