neoprean jacket??

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67, Quack Wacker NC

neoprean jacket??

Postby phillipstd » Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:06 pm

Has anybody actually seen any camo neoprean jackets long sleeve, like zip up grass camo, my freind had one once and I thought it was awsome, light warm easy to move in good camo, I need to know where I can get one, yes I have looked!!
phillipstd
hunter

Postby Iluvetwins » Fri Oct 14, 2005 5:00 am

cabela's has it, its called the Kobuk neoprene jacket
Iluvetwins
hunter

Postby DUKHTR » Fri Oct 14, 2005 10:15 am

it is OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!!! best severe weather jacket I have ever had....doesn't get alot of use of course, but when I need it, I am darn happy to have it.....got mine from Herter's before they hooked up with Cabelas
DUKHTR
Forum & State Moderator

Postby phillipstd » Thu Oct 20, 2005 7:21 pm

maybe, see I was thinking of like a wet suit top, I don't like big and bulky, I feel like I caint move fast enough, have you used it, how is it to hunt in?? can you move fast, is it tottaly water proof, so you can walk out up to your neck?? stick your hands way down in the water??
phillipstd
hunter

Postby DUKHTR » Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:45 am

the Kobuk and any neoprene jacket, is just that....a jacket - the sleeves do cinch down as does the waist via a quick release belt......and in a driving rain you remain completely dry, - However, this is not a body suit which would offer 100% sealed in dryness.......if depth is the issue, you need a boat. As for bulk....it all depends on your build and the fit of the jacket on you......I have to wear a medium, but the sleeves are a bit on the long side and there is a bit of 'bulk' along the underarms and chest when not zipped up......your very best bet is to try one on or be willing to exchange as necessary a catalog purshase......if you're looking for a dry suit....then don't get a jacket for over your waders.
DUKHTR
Forum & State Moderator

Postby phillipstd » Sun Oct 23, 2005 2:07 pm

no I don't want a wet suit, realy, I was just wondering how water proof it actually was, if I walk out in the pond and one of the decoys is out just a little too deep would it stop the water long enough to get it, ya know, you say a med is a little loose and a little long, that's the smallest size it comes in I think, so I'm 5'8" and 170, and in shape, would it be about the same on me you think?? I'll probably get one soon, is it too hot in 50 degree weather??
phillipstd
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum