Maxus Review

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

Re: Maxus Review

Postby badgerfowl » Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:15 pm

The sling attachment has to remain closed to put it on. Thats not a problem. But with mine, I have to use a bit of force to snap the forearm in place, which may not be the case with all of them. It's deinitely do-able, but not quite as easy as the typical sling swivel stud.
badgerfowl
hunter

Postby 1dktrkr » Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:30 pm

The sling attachement doesn't need to be closed to put the sling on.

It is designed to be opened up so you can put the sling fitting in without unscrewing it. Close the lever for the forearm after you put the bracket for the sling in. Forearms are somewhat tight, so you will have to push down on the forearm to push the lever closed.

Overall, it is pretty easy and quick to add or remove the sling.
1dktrkr
hunter

Postby badgerfowl » Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:33 pm

thats what i was trying to say....
badgerfowl
hunter

Postby Tim6 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:35 pm

Just got my new Maxus today, had to order it, no one around had one. took it out to pattern it, and UNBELIEVABLE, IT SHOOTS A FULL PATTERN TO THE LEFT!!!....I'm guessing a bent barrel, I'm so disappointed, I've wanted this gun since it came out, and sold my SX2 and another to buy this one. Any ideas on the barrel, will adjusting with shims fix it?
Tim6
Newb

Postby QuackMonkey » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:43 pm

Tim6 wrote:Just got my new Maxus today, had to order it, no one around had one. took it out to pattern it, and UNBELIEVABLE, IT SHOOTS A FULL PATTERN TO THE LEFT!!!....I'm guessing a bent barrel, I'm so disappointed, I've wanted this gun since it came out, and sold my SX2 and another to buy this one. Any ideas on the barrel, will adjusting with shims fix it?

Mine did the same thing it was in the reciever. I discovered mine in the middle of duck season last year and lucky enough for me the dealer I bought mine from exchanged it for me after I tried another barrel from them. Very frustrating I feel for ya guess I would take it back to your dealer and go from there. I talked to browning when I was having problems and they said they would fix it but I would have to send it in.
QuackMonkey
Newb

Postby The Drake » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:25 am

Tim6 wrote:Just got my new Maxus today, had to order it, no one around had one. took it out to pattern it, and UNBELIEVABLE, IT SHOOTS A FULL PATTERN TO THE LEFT!!!....I'm guessing a bent barrel, I'm so disappointed, I've wanted this gun since it came out, and sold my SX2 and another to buy this one. Any ideas on the barrel, will adjusting with shims fix it?

Take it right back to where you bought it from and ask for an exchange. If that doesnt work demand an exchange. then call browning.........friend of mine had a nova do that, took at back to Scheels and replaced with no questions asked.
The Drake
hunter

Postby Tedeau » Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:45 am

Today is March 16, 2014. I bought a 12 gauge Browning Maxus Stalker with the black finish and 3 1/2" chamber from the Cabela's near Hamburg Pennsylvania on February 16, 2014. I have cycled approximately 550 rounds of Winchester Super Target 2 3/4" 1200 FPS velocity, 1 1/8 oz, 7 1/2 shot and approximately 200 rounds of the Federal Field and Target loads of the same 2 3/4" 1 1/8 oz, 7 1/2 shot. I have also shot a hand full of BBB buckshot in 3 1/2" magnum loads. All cycled perfectly and while the recoil on the 3 1/2" shells is rather heavy, the 2 3/4" target loads recoil is minimal. I bought the shotgun to shot sporting clays and I am extremely satisfied with both the gun and the boost in my sporting clays scores. I had been shooting a borrowed Stoeger Pump chambered in 3 1/2" and could barely shoulder the weapon towards the end of my 100 round game, it beat me up pretty bad! I don't have that issue at all with the Browning. The only bad experience I had with purchasing this gun was the day that I purchased it. It was a Sunday and I suppose because everyone was out spending their tax refunds or something at the Cabela's in Hamburg, they were moderately busy. Cabela's gun counter insist that you pull a number and wait until your number is called before they will wait on you or let you handle any weapon. When I pulled my number, #04, they were waiting on customer #22! Which meant that I had to go through 82 other poor saps waiting at the same counter! I had arrived at 1:30 in the afternoon and it was 3:30 when my number finally came up! And this was just to be able to hold the gun in my paws! After all that waiting in line, I felt obligated to buy the gun so I wouldn't have to run this gauntlet ever again! Another hour and a half of filling out Federal Firearms Purchase Background Checks and waiting in the check out line and I was headed home with my new Browning Maxus! And to add insult to injury, two days later, I stopped in at another small local gun shop looking for shells and found the exact same Browning Maxus Stalker in the black finish for $208 cheaper than I had paid at Cabela's!
Tedeau
Newb

Previous

Return to Shotgun Forum